Advice on net label operations and should I be pissed off

Download his compilation and upload it to the pirate bay.

1 BigUp

local festival last month had a riot near coat check and a few dozen people made off with hundreds of coats. People were sting op’ing used coat sales on cragslist for weeks.

wtf, really?! I think that may be even more fucked up that tune jacking!

And to think I spent the time making this poncey little video to help promote them :frowning:

Public shaming is the best…get these bastards out in the light. Did you sign anything or come to any written agreement that would transfer the copyrights? If you still have them, you should report him to the networks that he is putting your tracks on, not him because well…it seems clear he don’t give a F*** If there is money involved they SHOULD shut him down pretty quickly. Soundcloud shuts you down even if stuff is free.

https://bandcamp.com/copyright

1 BigUp

I have done. On both SC and BC. BC have got back to me saying that they are looking into the matter. He has had to take the tunes down now. Eco even sent me a shitty email earlier trying to say that I’m the one trying to “throw mud at the scene.” By letting people know of a dude that lies, jacks tunes, sells tunes without permission and steals artwork. Sure, it’s not as though I havn’t been giving out free tunes, putting on free parties and running podcasts to promote local talent over the last 10 years. But yeah, I hate the music scene of course :joy:

And yeah, got a whole email trail too :wink:

yeah seen bare people posting similar experiences with this guy in grimezone, new music group and on twitter

Yup…throwing mud at the greazy tune jacking scene.

1 BigUp

Lovin that Black Veil tune Simon (EOne), so now shall be checking your other stuff…
Big Up…

EDIT:

after glancing through these posts, i googled “Ascending Spirals”

THAT BEAT IS FUCKING BEAUTIFUL

:joy: :joy: :joy:

And thank you man, appreciate it. Uploaded another new one today to my SC actually.

https://soundcloud.com/eoneuk/is0latedfeatskepta

same dude just liked something on my soundcloud lol

probs trying to be friends with you, but he dont know. #nonewfriends2016 :raised_hand:

He still lurks, fairly good tunes too. Though I kinda regret following him because he reposts a lot.
Soundcloud should really split that up. Like a special tab on your feed for reposts, because they can be good, but I don’t want to miss out on stuff from people I follow for the sake of them.