Anyone feeling this? WIP

Thanks so much man!

I see what you mean about aesthetic crossroads. This is the first “experimental” track I’ve ever tried to make, so I don’t have a lot of the techniques down, which is why I don’t have a lot of ideas on how to make the meat more abstract. When Badminded dropped I was like, man I want to do something like that, and I’d say Badminded is the perfect blend of the oldschool style and the wonky abstract style, which is what I tried to achieve. Obviously I’m nowhere near Epoch’s skill level, but I tried lol. I would like to make it more abstract, but I also want it to still be a headbanging tune, like something you can vibe to. I really like very abstract, off rhythm tunes, but I wanted this one to be closer to traditional dubstep.

Yeah, I’m currently struggling with giving the abstraction purpose, and I want it to be abstract, but like I said I think its basically where I want it. At least I think it is? I’m glad you like the intro, I kind of wanted to scrap most of what I did and do more of what I did in the intro, but I haven’t got around to experimenting with that, I’ve been super busy. I would like to try that more, but at the same time I don’t want to stray too much from traditional dubstep.

If you feel like its a tune that can stand on its own, like its “releasable” then I think I can finish it and move on to other stuff, but if you still have good ideas, want to collab on it? I am down for the handoff ting, but I can send it to you if you wanna have a go at it.

I use Logic Pro X, the project file is somewhat organized but still a little messy.

Nice! A Middle eastern melody would fit this perfectly. Something like Seven Lions Isis melody.

this is dirty mate. reminds of cloud seed era vex’d.
my advice would be to maybe have some dryer drums or percs over the top, something to make the snare cut through. reverb can hold a tune together but also take the grunt out of drums. just needs a bit more crunch.

you have some room to work with in the centered midrange area because the pads or whatever are very stereo

sidechain your reverb channel also.

crank that badboy flute up.

try some dry dubby delays.

more stuff like that sound in the 2nd drop.

hiding stuff in layers of sound is fun, but ive come to realise if you want a sound to take someones attention, make it take their attention. some things are best if theyre brought forward in the mix.

CALL AND RESPONSE

good work

4 Likes

thanks man!! i’m flattered lol. really solid advice, I’m def gonna use this!

wait holy shit Epoch replied to me omg~

2 Likes

;D ;D ;D

3 Likes