anyone know how to make a similar bass too this "nottingham style" kontent - joedan- daseplate stylee/sacs questions about shit

[closest i can get too is this but not happy with it

at 2mins in is closest do they use specific type of effects phaser? or delay

1 BigUp

I feel like you got really close with that one. nice work!

Here’s my attempt at a wobble like that

I feel like most of my sound is coming from the Lowpass into the Band reject. Also OSC 3 running on format mode to try to give it some of those high end formats that they seem to have. Chorus and a short delay in the effects chain to try to make it sound WET

2 Likes

i prefer your bass too mine sounds like a white board and you wobble it i love that sound. i used too use massive now i use vital. what does bandreject do is it opossite too a bandpass? thanks man im going to use your settings and tweak with delay and chorus. so its just a square wave or something lowpassed. then fm too osc 3 from 2? i wish fl studio had a glue compressor i love the sound of it i got tdr kolentikov compressor though which is good. i watched enough tutorials with ableton used i swear i would be able to use it no problem lol. yeah i’d say your close too the sound too

btw do you think these guy put short delay on the actual bass because sometimes i hear a peak in volume well power i guess its compressed

im soo close too it but just cant quite get the sound they do added comb filter that helped abit

1 BigUp

this is with only short notes i played on keyboard though so i havent got there yet

kind off had a eureka moment for getting low end subs more audible pyscho-acousticly with pitch modulation.

ive tried doing this before but didnt have the result i wanted because i didnt like the pitch bend sound as in i put the modulation amount too 100 percent. it didnt sound like how i wanted it too in reference tracks. like mob killa for example

get a sine wave and add a third harmonic to it but not too much get the sound of a 808 from trap around 2016ish or eva808 style still want some of the meat from the fundamental. add a shark fin envolope to the pitch modulation at around 50 percent. and play really low notes like c or d# around the area you wouldnt normally go. the pitch modulation makes it hit the higher frequencies and fills out more of the spectrum. then some saturation dont over do it well up to you. then add a eq and with a high q bell boost 100 hz by 1-2 db

compress too your liking so high notes and bends dont get too loud.

then if you want some stereo field in the bass you can split the frequencies by however you want i use a frequency splitter. then add chorus/flanger or any effect to widen 100hz-200hz and up

ive been looking for tutorials on youtube everywhere and hadn’t found anything good

1 BigUp

I really need to stop using samples for subs and get into synths.

Too many buttons

1 BigUp

I’ve been trynna craft tunes from the lowest frequency. On the Digitone, I use a channel add a note on ther 16bar sequence. Set it to infinite length and trig condition it to only play the first time (it’s just a constant wave) then you start with the fm. You can’t here the initial wave it’s to low but freq mod with one of the signals a no d you start to hear this (fukun scary of loud) the most realistic closer sound to a gentle boat engine. So low but with a slow rhythmic pump/kinda spluttrryy
I mess with the diff waves timing til the splitter moves out and I get s warm thick tone, then I’ll go tp thrv2 lfo pages and decide how by I want this wall of sound to be modulated. A good one is to go on the amp page, turn down the amp volume and set an lfo to modulate the amp volume on your really low warm thick sub

2 Likes

there very good if you want too be creative for few hours i use vital its free. its like serum i guess never used it. also with vital you can save presets and share them with people but i never use presets from people feel like its cheating. but vital is very powerful

i use samples for subs too though sometimes but not alot of lately. i like making 808’s too and it feels better knowing you made them from scratch or your sub

i also made a preset for neo grime sounds and square wave nintendoish sounds im blabbing now but i love sound design lol

also got coki midrange bass which is pretty much spot on when i look at youtube tutorials i think too myself this sounds nothing like what its ment too. so i had to teach myself as you probably can tell i am self taught as i get terminology mixed up and stuff but usually know what it is but get confused or frustrated as i cant explain myself properly lol

but ive heard your tracks the bass sounds sick so if its good i wouldnt change but if you get bored def play around with a synth

1 BigUp

i think i know what you mean i do similar thing sometimes and get pure slab of bass and modulate with lfo so the amplitude goes up and down into distortion input can make some cool sounds

1 BigUp

another one

Keep producing those low frequency sounds and playing them out. They’ll become what your sound is. I’ve discovered that it really is simply lows mids and highs yet with distinct characteristics like modulation or melody.

1 BigUp

Yeh especially if you shape the lfo just right gives like a slide out the pressure

1 BigUp

Lows are mad like working with slabs of the ocean. They are so big and hard to control

1 BigUp

I’ve got vital just never bothered to use it yet. I started with samples and you kinda get stuck on a particular way of working

1 BigUp

yeah i get that

I found this down there.

2 Likes

peaky Brostep thanks for sharing

1 BigUp

My pleasure. Joedan is now on my radar of hip dubstep. Styn has done it again.

1 BigUp

put lfo to cutoff :mrweed: :mrweed:

1 BigUp