Berceuse Heroique

would be jokes tbh

Yeah I realised after writing that that actually that would be really funny

Ended up only being Hodge and Koehler. I enjoyed the music played, but really it was a bit of a fuck up.

The club has only just reopened after a refit and it wasn’t ready at all. Building site pretty much.
The system was a couple of tops attached to the ceiling. It was basically a bar sound system.

Both guys were really frustrated. Had a quick chat and they were both saying it was easily the worst setup they’ve played on. The booth would sway if you knocked it, causing the needle to skip. They both ended up playing fairly safe sets. Less UK stuff than they wanted to. This was basically room two (Panorama Bar guy in room one) and the crowd was a bunch of random people out on a Saturday night.

Disappointing that is wasn’t done a lot better. I’d like to see both again, under better circumstances.

Their stuff is great. Frontier.

that future shock tune is massive

there used to be an ancient radio rip on youtube, uploaded like 2008 or something I think

yes future shock is probably my favourite aswell… so large.

…but nothing on BH gets me dancing quite like this one. AMUS played it in Zurich a couple of months back and what can I say - it’s a groooove.

1 BigUp
1 BigUp

really interesting stuff. refreshingly varied sounds considering that horsepower remix for example, been rinsin it

new Berceuse Heroique up on Honest Jon’s

Koehler & Kuno backed with a wicked A Made Up Sound Remix
http://honestjons.com/shop/artist/Koehler_And_Kuno/release/Anti_Gravity_Switch

Tunes:

Thanks.

Guy has a vision and works towards it. Still doesn’t excuse the nazi/lynching/war crime aspect of things, but interesting to see just what direction he’s approaching it from.

http://crackmagazine.net/opinion/music/perspective-david-keenan/

Piece comparing Heroqiue’s (deliberately?) ambiguous style with Throbbing Gristle and Sex Pistols.

Good read, though as is usual with this sort of thing I consider it to be needlessly overwritten.

idk, I’m apathetic when to comes to the use of relatively extreme imagery.

It’s the same train of thought as posting inspirational quotes on Facebook with random Instafiltered pictures.

1 BigUp

bretty accurate lol

I agree, the high volume makes it boring, the shock value is lost.

If the ultimate aim is publicity then this article goes to show it has worked out quite well. I don’t think the use of that imagery is supposed to be anything more than a distasteful quirk that allows the label to stand slightly apart from others, and of course allowing naval gazers to interpret it into oblivion.

1 BigUp

fuck the imagery. new japan blues, that spectre remix and the don’t dj plate are all ace.

Love the new japan blues.

‘Beak’ is basically exactly the same as this though

Saw some people saying ‘O yh japan blues is all edits obviously’, but i dunno, seems a bit close, not much editing gone on

where’s audio for these new bits, couldn’t seem to find on bh soundcloud

1 BigUp