BRUT SQUAD WORLDWIDE MASSIF

Doublepost but I was skimming back through this thread and saw some Limewax posted, idk if you guys are all over this end of dnb already, and it’s not brut exactly of course, it’s a bit more grid-based and “normal” dance music structure. But there’s a lot of sonic parallels with some of it. Hardly put this stuff on anymore cause I got saturated after a while but theres some definite gems from dudes like him, Current Value, The Panacea, and Lucio De Rimanez (though he’s moved away from this style now) Sorry if these have already been posted, I didn’t read the whole thing start to finish tbqh

2 Likes

Definite parallels with Brut - I think the more gridded structure pulls it just outside the sphere of Brut as you say. Love this style.

1 BigUp

Eluded is a minger

1 BigUp

you heard his Yona stuff? made by an AI he designed

2 Likes

i think i must have

but ill try again

1 BigUp

2 Likes

lol

Bruhhh maybe I’m late to the party (released in 2017) but this track by Björk is wild. Produced by Arca & Rabit as well as her. Guess this album was Grammy nominated. Video here is fucked and the song is such a weird combination of sweet/melodic elements with industrial noisy shit going on, not even sure I could just like … listen to it for fun but I thought it was interesting just to experience. Maybe I’m just high right now

Anyway shout out to Björk for using her platform to work with interesting electronic artists and give them a wider audience… Pretty dope
2 Likes

https://community.dsf.ninja/t/random-videos/257/2672

2 Likes

That drum sound is freaking me out - I have a bunch of loops and tracks and stuff that sound verrrrry similar, but his arrangements are p different. Wonder what kind of workflow he’s using.

1 BigUp

Second tune in this mix :smashedlol:

https://soundcloud.com/factmag/fact-mix-726-geng-sept-19

Via @lemonhaze’s v interesting post… Kenyan brut.

1 BigUp

damn that whole release is sick

karum :gunfinger::gunfinger::gunfinger:

2 Likes

Fuck yeah.

Listened to this release twice now - just bare tunes that’d be amazing secret weapons for DJs across the board - they all hit hard, but weird vibes that stand out too.

Might be one for the Album thread too.

1 BigUp

you heard the release Slikback did with Hyp11e? So good, came out a few days ago

Black Pepper remix is :cannon:

original is such a heavy mood setter as well

2 Likes

Listened to it right after Tomo.

Fucking amazeballs thru and thru. Think I have a new producer crush tbh.

:love:

2 Likes