Burial

It’s too familiar and formulaic these days. It seems to have lost that intimate emotional punch of the earlier releases.

It seems lost.

Maybe hes ironically trying to recreate the “loss of feeling” that occured during the brostep transition era of dubstep championed by that Rusko era guy “Rusko”.

Ideally zomby will tweet out in support of the release by acusing the majority of burial’s music’s fans of being narrowminded unwashed scum who dont get anything but have some hope of realizing they are retards within 6 years.

Be more meta guys, actual music is gay.

Sounds like a cool mix tbh, the Jlin track is sick, also who tf is David Hykes

even british dance music has that tabloidsy angle going
+kode 9 is a mild joe jackson

Full mix:

Starts off sick, twisted as fuk, hypnotic and just really good in general, then it gets to about 13 mins :lol_og:

I’ll listen again later lol

1 BigUp

everyone ready for this year’s underwhelming burial tuna?

6 Likes

Praying this is the return to form we’ve been waiting for

tbf i really liked the monic remix that came out on osiris

hopefully its something in that vein rather than that godawful inner city life remix

Burial was better when he was a depressed loner

1 BigUp

The fact that new Burial was announced and only 4 people posted says everything unfortunately…
Clip here if anyone’s interested…

Is it any good, i dont really wanna bother using my bandwidth over a Burial tune.

tbf
sonly a reburial

id be well up for a new proper thing from him
bit lazy and difficult that one

Fixed

Problem I have with burial is that most of his new shit just sounds like him trying to rehash the “burial sound” rather than branching out and experimenting. I mean look at the development between burial, then untrue then some of the releases he put out after that. Each whether you liked it or not felt like a progression of his sound. But now it’s just not that interesting, just sounds like I’ve heard it before and doesn’t stick with me.

1 BigUp

I don’t know, Temple Sleeper was some p awful ‘experimentation’.

i played that zomby x burial ‘sweetz’ tune off wax right when it came out and one person in the dance was excited, everyone else was just stood there. That guy talked to me after the set and we became good friends throughout the years since lol.

fuk da h8rs

lol

i feel like people are so entitled these days about what artists should do, nothing wrong with just not liking something, but its something else when you expect every release to ‘be something’ you’d enjoy or w.e

1 BigUp

Played that once at home when it came in the mail.

its a sick fuckin collage imo, bunch of 32 bar drop dubstep weenies b2b archangel sadbois shitting on it mostly

just the typical situation, artists do something different they get slated, they stay the same and get shit on as well

you prob hate it tho, so i dont know why im replying like you agree haha

Im ambivalent about it at best/worst.

1 BigUp

fair play, thats sorta how it should be instead of being like properly offended that someone didn’t put out a record ‘you’ like haha, big up

(the general ‘you’, not singling you out)