Creating new sounds

I feel like this is a good place to drop these FX. That Fieldscaper reminds me a bit of the Michael Norris fx…sadly they are only for a Mac. I haven’t played with them too much but they are really unique fx if you want to make some stuff that is out there.

At the bottom of the page there is a source sound and then processed examples.
http://www.michaelnorris.info/software/soundmagic-spectral

Imperial Walkers
The sound of the Imperial Walkers were created by modifying the sound of a machinist’s punch press. Added to this for complexity, were the sounds of bicycle chains being dropped on concrete. |How to make new sounds|

TIE fighter
The screech of a TIE Fighter is a drastically altered elephant bellow.

R2-D2
50 % of the droid´s voice is generated electronically; the rest is a combination and blending of water pipes, whistles, and vocalizations by Burtt.

“R2-D2´s motors covers every single move it does. They got buried most of the time, but when they do surface it helps keep a consistent texture that tells you that it really is a robot.”(Ben Burtt in Film Sound Today)

Chewbacca
Wookie sounds are constructed out of pieces of walruses and other animal sounds.

“You have bits and fragments of animal sounds which you have collected and put into lists: here is an affectionate sound and, here is a angry sound and, just like with R2-D2, they are clipped together and blended. With a Wookie, you might end up with five or six tracks, sometimes, to get the flow of the sentence” (Ben Burtt in Film Sound Today)

Laser blasts
The sound of a hammer on an antenna tower guy wire (Ben Burt tapping the wires of a radio tower) [more]

Lightsaber
Burtt blended the sounds of his TV set and an old 35 mm projector to create the hum of a light saber. [more]

Speeder Bike
Sound of an Speeder Bike was achieved by mixing together the recorded sounds of a P-5 Mustang ariplane, a P-38 Lockheed Interceptor, and then record them

Luke Skywalker’s landspeeder
The whoosh of Luke Skywalker’s landspeeder was achieved by recording the roar the Los Angeles Harbor Freeway through a vacuum-cleaner pipe.

http://www.filmsound.org/starwars/

:thinking: