DMZ Records

Top plate tbh

Blue Notez is amazing but Iā€™ve heard it caned out so many times. Often in the wrong context - Outlook/big room 140 dances - lazy mix. Wait till the middle bit with trumpets everyoneā€™s becomes mates in slight anxiety yadda yadda

Wasnā€™t until Yunx literally SMOOTHED it in at The Mine in Brighton few months ago, about 40 ppl in the room. Looked over at Chug we both had our face in our hands cus no way could there be two tunes in that quick & swear one was blue notez. Got it then. Bit like when ur flatmates left the butter out in January for long enough & u get the nice spread no chunk drama in the warburtons. Rare but we all knew it was on the periphery.

Iā€™ll see what nan thinks of Mood Dub but donā€™t think she likes Corbyn so letā€™s see. She probably wouldā€™ve rather Iā€™d bought Marduk or something.

4 Likes

Officer is the bassline Iā€™m gonna sing to my kid in the womb

1 BigUp

I thought vinyl prices would collapse when dubstep became unfashionable tbh. shows how much I know, lol.

You take away the melody and sax and listen to everything else that is going on fuk me nex level production, all the little sounds.
Like these bits:

03:25-04:08
05:02-05:30

Also that wolf howling sound that happens once lol

Mala peaked here, just because it has been rinsed shouldnā€™t take away how good it was and still is. Nothing sounded like this at the time.
A lot of people on here seem to end up liking the lesser more unknown tracks of artist to appear tru but you just gotta be objective about music imo instead of being skewed by other things.

3 Likes

Yeah ofc - its a majestic tune

Iā€™ve just heard Officer/Mood Dub out like twice/thrice maybe - Blue Notez a good 20+ w/e - just when dropping some cashos on the vinyl i erred towards the ones that were less battered to my own ear. Iā€™ll deff end up getting both at some point - Left Leg Out has some good memories attached to it too

mountain dread march sounds reminds me of blue notez - another great mala tune

Yeah it pretty much is.
I always mix MDM out of Blue Notez

1 BigUp

i like to mix blue notez out of neverland

Mountain dread March isnā€™t my most favoured tune from R2S, but I still think itā€™s the best tune on the release. Basically everything you could want from a mala tune over the course of 7 minutes

1 BigUp

donā€™t know why but i really rate pop pop epic

return ii space might be my favourite on the album

Unexpected for me

Iā€™m not big on pop pop epic tbh, probably my least played tune. Return 2 space and unexpected are sick though, love starting mixes with either of them

1 BigUp

r u me

my least is probably eyez.

unexpected and livinā€™ different are nice chilled ones

yes

Livin Different was the first mala tune I heard besides anti war dub and I loved it so much more so itā€™ll always be special for me

1 BigUp

yeah officer is a special one for me because it was the 1st vinyl i was given

1 BigUp

Haha lucky guy, big tune to get given

I remember going through old threads on old dsf and in the one from where mala et al. First played at subdub apparently officer fucked up the system they used, mustā€™ve been nutty

1 BigUp