DMZ Records

many tunes have different names like coki has a tune called countdown/lowdown for example

Haha only messing about the thankyous!
Such a good tune though

1 BigUp

i swear should have been released with dry cry really on awd

lol your write ups about stuff crack me up, you should be reviewing nights on the side

2 Likes

you mean dancing demons website?
that was cokiā€™s label iirc. Definitely called the boxfish, electrostep was a name that N-type gave it i think. He specifically mentioned how he canā€™t remember the names of his dubs and just makes up his own names :lol_og:

1 BigUp

I never dug Eyez VIP that much cos the original was a perfect vibe and once that came out you never heard the original :neutral:

3 Likes

Yeah but that was jus the name of Cokiā€™s label as well as money others were all on this site.
I think it was a centralised thing with one agency sorting out all these true head labels for using in various bits of media.
Donā€™t think it lasted very long though

I was at DMZ the first time i think the VIP was ever played out.
It was insane but yeah original was better.

similar to loefahā€™s ital label

Infact I was there when Cutend VIP, Fatman VIP were played out for first time ever too.
Iā€™m not 100% of those being played out for first time but fairly confident.
But i am 100% sure that we were the first to hear Kryptic Mindā€™s first Swamp release and Loefah - Root Kyyptic minds remix. I remember cause only 1 turntable worked but was still sick

maybe yeah, i just remember a site with a good quality clip of boxfish and that was the dancing demons one :slight_smile:

look at you all talking about dubstep on dubstepforum like a bunch of mongs lol

13 Likes

this tune has to win the ā€œbest snaresā€ award too

whereā€™s the howl btw?

Like 01:10-01:15 .
It sounds like a wolf/dog howling lol
Might be wrong though

1 BigUp

Coki did not own Dancing Demons

oh, ok, i thought he did

ā€¦ must have been dmz 6?
when first just one TT worked. and then nothing worked at all lol.

was a wierd night. and i got really fucking sick in the morningā€¦

6 birthday?
Donā€™t think so man would of been jus before 4th birthday.
Was January 09.
Well the Kryptic Minds 1 TT working was anyways
Cabā€™t remember which one was Fatman VIP or Eyez VIP

ah fair enough. must have been earlier. i ignored the tunes mentioned.

1 BigUp

I loved Marduk when it got played outā€¦ so many wheels. Remember one time Coki wheeling it numerous times with Kromestar on mic >>>>>>>>>>>

Enter Dimensions is the far superior tune though and I agree its underrated.

Same for this:

Education was the first DMZ I had and its always been a personal favourite of mine. Fond memories of Horrid Henry when that was a dub, lights on 5am numerous wheels w/ Pokes on mic

3 Likes