DMZ Records

Education is so good, if it wasn’t for tunes like lean forward, Neverland or mud it’d definitely be one of my top 5 DMZ tunes. Played it for the first time in ages the other week and fucking hell I forgot just how much weight it has

Yeah it’s one of them you revisit and go “shit, forgot it is this good”.

Lean fwd I know is gunna be great but I always forget how great education is. Definitely top 5 all time mala dubs included.

Level 9 is great too.

wow wtf cant believe education came out 7 years ago, first record i ever bought

1 BigUp

It was my first DMZ I brought. I have a spare copy because I would play education over and over cause I was desperate to learn to mix it seemlessly :joy:

Yeah was my favourite Mala tune for a long time. Pulls the heart strings.

livin different is a percy

2 Likes

yes.

yes, was the third record i bought i think, after benga - skunk tip & bandulu001.

still wished i copped marduk instead of haymaker

Did this with Dread and every time off Skreamizm 2 lol

Was way tighter at mixing then…

oh shit, been waiting for this one!

4 Likes

Wow . Mala’s gonna be so angry!

we do want some war some more

Got a question about the release of Neverland/Stuck as I’m thinking of splashing out on it lol

On Discogs there’s two versions, one with Nerverland as the A side and one with Stuck as the A side. Was this just a simple repress like it says on Discogs? Or was the first version pressed incorrectly? Also looks as if the label is a slightly lighter blue on the repress

1 BigUp

reading through the comments, the labels were wrong on the first press

That’s acshually crazy

1 BigUp

Hope he does a good quality press of these.
I’m not a fan of 2 tracks on one side at 45rpm

it’s just digi isneet

I think in the DJ Mag article he says he is considering repressing some of the remasters.

Yup, can confirm that. Shame the digi remasters will only be Mala’s tunes - the one I’m looking for on DMZ007 is Haunted :confused:

2 Likes

I reckon Coki will eventually put that on his Bandcamp.