Here ya go, ya filthy animals!
Released Tune of the Year - Dubstep:
- Goth Trad - Sinker
- Commodo, Kahn, & Gantz - Crystal Collect (tied)
- Commodo, Kahn, & Gantz - AMK (tied)
Remix of the Year - Dubstep:
- Las - Pocosink (Commodo remix)
- Gantz - Free Focus (Commodo remix)
- Hi5Ghost - Nook Shot (Commodo remix)
Label of the Year - Dubstep
- Deep Medi
- Innamind / Blacklist
DJ of the Year - Dubstep
- Joe Nice
Dub of the Year:
- Sir Spyro ft. Teddy Bruckshot, Lady Chann, & Killa P - Top A Top
- EVA808 - 2CI
- VIVEK - Rockers
LP/Album of the Year:
- Commodo, Kahn, & Gantz - Volume 1
- Kendrick Lamar - To Pimp a Butterfly
- Nomine - Inside Nomine
Radio Show of the Year:
- Joe Nice’s “Gourmet Beats” on Sub FM
- Youngsta on Rinse FM
@RIZLATEEF on Radar Radio
Released Tune of the Year - Non-Dubstep:
- Elf Kid - Golden Boy
- Last Japan - Till da Morning Comes ft. D Double E
- Rhythmic Theory - Shores of Caladan
Remix of the Year - Non-Dubstep:
- Royal-T - Shotta (Kahn & Neek remix)
- Wen - Play your Corner ft. Riko Dan (Walton remix)
- Plata - Kru (Mssingno remix)
Label of the Year - Non-Dubstep:
- Swamp 81 / 81
DJ of the Year - Non-Dubstep:
Producer/Artist of the Year - Non-Dubstep:
- Sir Spyro
Haha commodo smashing out the remixing category and showing up in basically every dubstep related category
Hehe the non-dubstep stuff is so close to dubstep. Like grime/dub/130.
I’ll check out this Commodo guy sometime.
kendrick lamar won a 2nd place dsf award
better than a grammy imo
Yeah it was basically grime tunes and a few random ones
I remember seeing someone nominate some decent techno so I thought
I’d just second that instead of come up with my own suggestions. To no avail.
congratulations to the winners, especially our main man @joenicedj - you rock!!
@kendricklamar congrats on your second place DSF award bro!
i really don’t remember swamp 81 releasing anything at all this year lol
Congrats GT for winning best tune.
The sludgey wobble of Sinker
mightn’t be up to the steppy weight of Alone Warrior
or the dubby wobble of Babylon Falls
but it’s not an overblown piece like Far East Assassin
and is unashamedly proppa dubstep.
Obviously winning a contest doesn’t necessarily mean
that you put out the best dubstep tune last year
but I’m stoked that you’ve somehow received acknowledgement
for your contribution to some great nights and sets.
and to mods,
thanks for your efforts fellas
100% @Gatineau an @Riddles. I merely was the messenger
lenham’s just being modest!
Looking over it again that kendrick lamar nomination is jokes.
Yeah, someone should tweet him about it.
can’t remember if we covered this already but why no MCs this year?
It was community lead, so only yerselfs to blame you self loathings gits
Loafah wins the award on his own for his mullet.
what is “dub of the year?”