šŸ„³šŸ…‚šŸ„µ Official ā€œTalking ā€˜Bout Production Contestsā€ Thread

2 hours.

The sonic monogamists are ahead by a lot.

Now if as many people as voted also participated = :fire:

PS: Canā€™t tell if the version hosted on the Nat Geo site is higher quality audio (at work, canā€™t be doing audio ting visibly). Can one of you tell if it is and if so rip it from here?

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/adventure/activities/winter-sports/skating-thin-black-ice-creates-sound-nordic-spd/

EDIT:

Alright, votes in.

Gonna wait a short while to see if anyone can answer the audio quality question above. I found the sourcefile for the video and ripped it to wav, file size was smaller so thinking not likely.

the video mp4 is 34 mb when downloaded from natgeo so i dont think its HD but whatever, get the ball rolling m8

yeah cmon ronzlo

:stuck_out_tongue:

Meh.

1 BigUp

https://www.nps.gov/yell/learn/photosmultimedia/soundlibrary.htm

putting this out there as possible source for a future sample pack contest

or just as a source of a bunch of samples, its all downloadable (only as mp3 tho i think)

1 BigUp

:cannon:
That is a goldmine!!!

DSF49 should beā€¦

• one-sample challenge
  • small multi pack

0 voters

Dunno if this is doable but, just a thought, what if we uploaded the entries onto some streaming platform, maybe after the contest or something. Whatever profits it gets could go to the Andy/forum/mods whatever. Could have them as like an album or something. Would be a cool way to go through past competitions and also potentially generate a small bit of money to support the forum

2 Likes

Cool idea but would probably have to make sure the sounds arenā€™t copyrighted for liability purposes.

We could each have a go at doing a pack of our favourite samples from our own collection.
Say 10 samples per packā€¦?

i like the ā€œeach contribute one sample to the packā€ idea better

if everyone contributes 10 weā€™d end up with like a 100, kinda defeats the purpose of having a limited set of sounds to work with imo

2 Likes

No I mean we each come up with our own pack.
So first competition I create a 10 sample pack from my own collection & everyone uses that.
Next one, you do a 10 sample pack. etc etc

DSF Sample Pack Contest 49: winner = Faultier - #128 by _ronzlo (this comp is over, and @faultier as winner gets first option on choosing the next pack contest unless mistaken. Letā€™s keep it that way.)

DSF Sample Pack Contest (No Video) - #4 by sleeps (lets just lock thread, merge it into this one, or use as the basis for the @faultierā€™s DSF50 comp.)
ā€”ā€”-

K, so we have a bit of a clusterfuck but nothing we canā€™t sort. Letā€™s stop fragmenting (Iā€™m guilty too) said meta-chat in all the various subthreads and keep it here so something finally gets done.

Alright, now thatā€™s out of the way (& thx to CreamLord for pinning) - this is the problem in a nutshell.

Basically ppl wanna do both but not everybody wants to do the proposed format. Theyā€™re both gonna happen, so nobody needs to freak. We just need to coordinate so itā€™s not a clusterfuck.

Normally voting would be called for but tbh Iā€™m wary of those who vote and then donā€™t participate, so before we try and do a call-out headcount, are there any compelling reasons one or the other should go first? (@MARSEN @faultier youā€™re running these, so nows a good time to mention any time limitations or other reasons you canā€™t commit atmā€¦)

:salute:

1 BigUp

Do you just want it pinned up indefinitely?

1 BigUp

Yeah, why not - itā€™ll help keep us lazy fucks on track (hopefully.)

1 BigUp

You should pin it until 2027.

:biglebowski:

2 Likes