Dsf sample pack competition - 47

shit! i thought this finished on the 26th!

Yes, because they often finish on a Thursday.

I’ll go thru at some point this week and give feedback on each tune cos there’s some cool shit going off having listened to them all

i’m a fucking artiste not some kinda time man machine

2 Likes

just finished mine up

https://soundcloud.com/firstcirclemusic/figures

here’s mine

2 Likes

Someone else sent me their tune last night, followed shortly after by a message that read “shit, thought this finished at 9pm not 9am”

So it wasn’t just you :heart:

Whens voting gonna pop up?

@Evan_Majumdar-Swift

Just had an idea, might be cool to gather the winning tunes up at the end of the year (if the contest keeps running) and make a compilation pack or sommat

5 Likes

Welp. Didn’t manage to finish in time, again. Too much shit going on in my life right now so I haven’t found time to produce. :confused:

Small request:

If you’re gonna write reviews, how about providing constructive criticism or something useful instead of ass-picked opinions that have nothing to do with anything.

1 BigUp

tbh, I dont really think people should be leaving criticism at all…(phigs is okej tho imo since he’s the reigning champ etc) but its kinda not the time and place imo.

also, 70-80 views on most of the tunes and 20~ votes per group :corntard:

^100%. Farting out opinion-based commentary during the comp can influence voting and hurt morale (s’ok tho, I got over it.) :smirk_cat: Phig offered good feedback.

And yeah: how is it that some songs have substantially fewer listens but ppl are voting anyway?

This whole process is an excellent demonstration of why trying to engineer a perfect system [involving people] will always fail…

1 BigUp

it seems to be going well though overall :slight_smile: big up @tabasco for running this, been fun so far

2 Likes

You’re right. I should just be thankful we have these again.

I imagine it has to do with the song not catching the listeners attention fast enough. If I’m not intrigued or hear some potential within 15-20 seconds I’m just going to move on to the next one. I understand that this is a bad habit, but then again, I’m not joining the discussion with opinions based on that quick-listen.
But yeah, that, and when I see a song with more plays I imagine it’s more interesting seeing how more people listened to it - or at least listened to it long enough for their play to be counted in the total play count.

Final voting thread is up now;

People would need to listen first to discover whether a tune is interesting or not. Think ronzlo is saying people aren’t giving all tunes a listen first (even a cursory few seconds) before voting.

If that’s the case, I agree!

1 BigUp