Dsf sample pack competition - 47

is it ever done though?

1 BigUp

Turned mine in. Excited to hear everyone elses

Fuuuuck, once again, wonā€™t have time to submit something! Bummer, 'cause the sample pack was rad as shit.

Well, maybe next time. Meanwhile, looking forward to hearing all your tracks!

a week is enough time to bust out something.

Like I semi-jokingly said before, just download a MIDI file, throw a sampler on each track, and switch the samples around until something sticks.

:wind_blowing_face:

starting right now, giving myself 1 hour hehe

edit: submitted :slight_smile:

big up @Phigure everyone already been saying it but that sample pack was really fun

2 Likes

nope ahahaha

school let out so im out here putting in work

gotten started

Done did it a while ago but having export issues duncha kno. Wtf. :confused:

But Iā€™m, uh, cautiously optimistic that this eschews ā€œvibeā€ and ā€œcatchinessā€ a bit in favor of ā€œwowā€ and ā€œzazzleā€. @Phigure. :wink:

Outstanding pack. Song wrote itself.

Now if I can just get it out of the box and onto teh cloudz allā€™ll be swell.

mine is realy shit and no where near finished cos ive only just ran into a bunch of free time this weekend.
just gonna upload it, i think when the samples are really good i have trouble using them for some reason.

too late to get on this innit

started mine yesterday and touched some things up today
never 2 late

Never give up, never surrender

1 BigUp

Drunk-uploaded a 128 wav last night; Tabasco was kind enough just to politely remind me itā€™s a 320 MP3 and not make fun of me.

:badteeth:

To the last minute crew: youā€™ve got like 13 hours as of this post. Plenty of time. Ray Parker Jr. is rumored to have written the Ghostbusters theme in under 45 minutes.

:metal:

sometimes the best tunes do only seem to take an hour

2 Likes

Thereā€™s something weird with one of those breaks. It sounds like it was a low kbps mp3 even though itā€™s a .wav.

Stretch artifacts or something?

Maybe. Quite likely actually, although I havenā€™t really heard harmonic artifacts like this using Abletonā€™s time stretching algorithms before.

Iā€™m going to roll with it.

When is this due Iā€™m gonna try dl the samples to mY phone and uploading to my computer no internet for for a while at home

Closing dates for track submission is 9am GMT Monday 23rd May