DSF Sample Pack Contest 49: winner = Faultier

gone awfully quiet in here

you lot are shook

Score the video using only your voice as generative sound source?

Like, as long as the sound began with some kind of recording of YOU - otherwise treat it as like any other limited source contest?

:face_with_monocle:

(Mind you we’ve also never challenged a motherfucker about whether or not they’ve cheated but this would be a good time to start lol)

yup just voice as source. would be brilliant. and scoring it to that vid too :gunfinger: :gunfinger:

Fuck yes. So up for that.
Can we use voice+other item - eg. blowing across a bottle or no?

nah just the sound out of your vocal chords

1 BigUp

Im in.
Who else is?

2 Likes

Agreed w Butterz here. It’s a fine line between acapella and a didgeridoo it you’re not careful.

2 Likes

And another sentence that supports the argument that we need sigs back.,

1 BigUp

Cords are the things in your throat, same basic word as a string or rope (like “cordage.”)

Chords are specifically the musical term for at least 3 separate notes played together.

“Your vocal cords cannot play chords, even if you are from Tuva.”

Annoying but ultimately helpful to remember.

1 BigUp

:salute:

1 BigUp

So:

2 key tingz left.

1. Sync - if we all use our DAWs’ video functions then the 2beep system should work for syncing audio to video, but this is unknown territory for a lot of us (myself included.) Anyone who actually knows this stuff feel free to advise, promise we won’t make you work lol.

2. Repetition - the problem with like 6 guys scoring a 10 minute video is that by the time anyone watches the third or fourth time they’re not really objective about the sound.

We’ve talked about this with the sample comps, where the sequence of the tracks tor everyone to listen to would actually drop on playback numbers from track 1 with 50 listens down to track 6 with 25 listens or sth like that.

/-/-/-

Let’s find a way to make it work.

Shorter clip. Less than 2 mins.
6 or 7 entries = less than 15 minutes of anyone’s day.

this vid is sick. if times an issue split the vid into 3 or 4 parts and have it a choice which part you make. hopefully by the end you may have some crazy soundtrack to the vid made by different heaDS

2 Likes

I like that idea

2 Likes

Dope ideas in here, I’m down for that ^^

As far as syncing to audio, some daws have video capability so you could import video and actually produce/arrange to it precisely. I guess youd have to figure out for yourself how to get the track done with whatever your setup is. For submissions tho I think imovie can add new audio to a video in which case it should be easy to put them together after. If we’re only using our voices as the sound source and there’s no pack to prepare, I’d be cool with bouncing the submissions down to a playable video with their audio, shouldn’t be too much work unless we really get a lot of submissions lol

The idea of a 2pop is to put a sound 2 seconds before the start of the video/audio recording so the two elements are super easy to align later. Not sure how it would be useful if the video doesnt already have it. Unless we wanna chop up and export new versions of the clip(s) with a 2pop in it but I feel like itd be just as easy in this situation to just align the start of the song and video together directly? Unless I’m missing somethin

I know ableton has a lil video screen for editing, not sure about other daws. da vinci resolve is free to down load and is a video editor. all you need to do is lob both vid and tune on the vid/audio tracks on timeline and export. its very similar to using a daw as in cut and edit on timeline. anyones got any questions I know a bit about it.

shall we get finalised on the rules and started. Im itching to go and got a day off today

1 BigUp

What’s happening? @faultier, u in this one?

am down for organizing again, just not 100% clear of what the concept is now?

Sound! Think it’s scoring to a 2 minute piece of that black and white vid using ur own voice as a sample source

Anyone think anything else!?

1 BigUp

Yeah what butterz said - score a 2 minute video using sounds you record using only your voice.

2 Likes