DSF Sample Pack Contest (No Video)

The other guys are doing a video contest which I have no interest in and have a feeling I’m not the only one. The rules would be the same as below. I do tons of sound design and want to work on timed track production + love working with communities like this and just wanted to see if anyone else was interested. I could put something together

The rules would be mostly the same. I’m thinking between 5-10 samples for the pack:

• CREATE A TRACK WITH ONLY THE SAMPLES PROVIDED

• USE ANY EFFECTS OR SOUND PROCESSING TO YOUR ADVANTAGE (CUT/SLICE/EDIT ETC.) DO NOT BUILD OR MAKE YOUR SOUNDS USING SYNTHS

• USE OF GRANULIZATION/WAVE-CYCLE PROCESSING & VST EFFECTS IS ALLOWED AS LONG AS NO OTHER AUDIO SOURCE IS ADDED.

• TRACK DURATION MUST BE LESS THAN 5 MINUTES FOR SUBMISSION, TRACKS EXCEEDING THIS TIME LIMIT WILL NOT BE INCLUDED

• ANY GENRE OR STYLE OF MUSIC IS ACCEPTED

• DO NOT POST YOUR TRACK BEFORE SUBMISSION OR REVEAL THE IDENTITY OF YOURSELF OR OTHER PRODUCERS

• COLLABS ARE PERMITTED, BUT PRODUCERS COLLABING CANNOT ALSO SUBMIT INDIVIDUAL TRACKS

• 1 WEEK TO PRODUCE TRACK.

• WINNER DECIDES WHAT SAMPLES WILL BE USED FOR THE NEXT ONE (THIS PART IS OPEN TO SUGGESTION)

Thoughts?

Fwiw I think we should use this thread for the topic (tail end of the most recent one, 49, has also turned into an OT discussion)…

But yeah, I understand getting antsy to boot up the next one.

This sounds very cool but I don’t have the free time to commit to this, I once built an entire track out of 1 sample of some wind, no synthesis or anything, so this is deffo something that I would enjoy doing but I really don’t have any production time these days to spend on anything other than trying to finish up tracks for release

If I somehow end up getting a bunch of free time out of nowhere I might jump in, but otherwise I hope you all have fun

1 BigUp

I’m down but my feeling is one comp at a time. There’s not a great many of us here and it’s be good to keep us all together so to speak.