DSF56 Production Comp (VOTE TIMEEE)

Ambient Dance, make a dance genre (or whatever) as beatless as possible - hardsnore, snugstep, weightless gabba - get creative.
No sample pack on this one, we’ve all got pads, reverbs and Paul-Stretch. extra points for funny genre name.

Deadline is December 28th, the lowest energy day of the year :shabbba:

Final tracks -

8 Likes

Yeehaw

If you just have droning white noise and reverb do you win?

Yes.

beatless breakcore, here we fuckin go

2 Likes

Hardest part is probably going to be making something that wouldn’t just be straight up better with a beat lol

3 Likes

you can make a ‘beat’ out of nice soft sleepy noises…

I just mean like if you made a house song but just left the kick out or something.

Oh fuck yes.
Excellent comp

2 Likes

weightless gabba lmao. I wanna try and get something in for this, appreciate the nice long deadline, I’ll be out of school for a bit beforehand

2 Likes

I’ve been thinking about this a lot and even a tune without drums usually has some sort of beat in it. My goal for the comp I think is going to be to try to make some seriously dark tune with all the elements changing their beats and rhythm so that it doesn’t have a coherent feeling of a beat throughout. I wanna try to avoid it being some ambient noise type production tho

Yeah that’s one thing I was thinking. Have a rhythm that you can’t really keep track of.

I’m gonna side chain white noise

1 BigUp

Done.
@lloydnoise PM incoming

1 BigUp

@lloydnoise ya might wanna @ the usual hedz cuz I didn’t see this until a while after posting…

Or not lol.

:man_shrugging:t2:
——

:onethumb:

Oh yeah, definitely should add that

@cyclopian @Anecho @MARSEN @knobgoblin @Samuel_L_Damnson @Harkat @Lavek
@Tolsof @Hibbie @_ronzlo @Paralytik @mks

2 Likes

@faultier @topmo3 @swerver @syrup @lloydnoise @anon22530004 @butter_man @Pokus
@Dubstep_Warrior @Stance_ReThinK @Moket

4 Likes

I think that’s everyone?