DSF56 Production Comp (VOTE TIMEEE)

Man I’m having the classic come back from a break and the song sounds like ass

4 Likes

Ambient ass, sounds promising

2 Likes

My song is actually just recordings of my farts that I Paul stretched ran through gross beat

2 Likes

Submitted mine a week ago

:cool:

well I’ve decided on my genre anyway :relieved:

2 Likes

Hmm I made one song, but it’s more ambient. It doesn’t really hit the ‘dance’ aspect well. I’ve been working on another version and have a loop that’s grooves decently actually imo, but I’m having trouble figuring out what to do with it because if I remove a layer it just kind of falls apart.

I’m gonna have to play with it some I guess

1 BigUp

It’s supposed to be ambient

It’s supposed to be ambient dance

I can’t dance

2 Likes

i might jump on this

3 Likes

Maybe replace ‘non-ambient elements’ like snares with more ‘ambient elements’ like lpf’d reverbed beeps or smthing

Yeah I’ve got a couple ideas I’m going to try today. I just haven’t had a chance because I’ve been traveling for work

Also got an idea for a 3rd version that’s going to be kind of like what you’re suggesting

How’s everyone’s tunes coming on?

3rd version was sounding pretty tight last night. We’ll see if it sounds like doodoo when I boot it up today

2 Likes

extension???

i need at least 4 more years before i make a beat

8 Likes

Is anyone else working on a tune or is this just a tune battle between me and sleeps?

1 BigUp

ive got something cooking but havent had much time to spend on it the last couple of weeks

4 Likes

I’ma get something in there for sure

2 Likes

i might actually have something for this

2 Likes

I definitely have something, although it’s a different workflow for me that’s basically a semi-generative live mix. Using some new MIDI tools I haven’t worked with before as well.

A little funky to record because it does something different every time so anticipating dynamics is like oooof, that was a shitty fast fade-up/down lol.

But then again considering that I just discovered shelf filters as opposed to pass filters…

:dunce:

3 Likes