DSF56 Production Comp (VOTE TIMEEE)

Do people on this forum like dubstep?

I thought this was a gay nonce support group to try to help each other not hang around school yards

2 Likes

Moop revival.

2 Likes

sent a dub-y

1 BigUp

yo, can you pelase wait til tmrw til i wake up and export a tune i have not touched for 2 months plz

1 BigUp

Feck. Just PM’d ya my tune… hope I’m not too late. Understand if I am tho.

1 BigUp

:disguised_face:

2 Likes

Yeah I’m down for a sample pack. It’s been a bit since I’ve worked with samples too so that would be great

2 Likes

And as much as I dig the whole thing being curated by the previous contest winner I think it might be fun to pick an arbitrary external sample source like a samplehouse freeb pack, a movie, NASA recordings, whatever.

IDC where they come from tbh. That Norwegian ice skating video comp a little while back was dope af.

Might also be cool to run contests to make a video for the winning song and/or create artwork or other creative expansions - this’ll cross-pollinate and give ninjas with other creative interests something to have fun with as well.

EDIT:

Damn. Just drilled into the history for some context… DSF 46 & 47 had like four years between ‘em. Wtf. @sleeps there’s the participation dropoff at the root.

2 Likes

46 and 47 weren’t mine I don’t think?
I picked up the baton around 50. And I did those two Jungle Warfare comps.

I 100% agree with the grassroots approach. Back to basics. Little sample pack and dubstep/jungle always got the best turnout. I don’t like the endless extensions of the deadline meme that we have now. I want to bring it back to 4 weeks per comp b2b hard deadline, no exceptions. I’m quite happy to take it all back on, and get it going on the regs again.

I also dig the adjacent art vibe too

1 BigUp

Oh no, sorry if that sounded accusatory. Nobody to blame, least of all you bro. :speak_no_evil:

1 BigUp

had a mad busy weekend so apols for the lack of activity… I msg’d @Tolsof cos I somehow forgot to dl his track before the link expired, so once I have that I’ll send over to sleeps to put on his SC (if that’s ok?)
will be 6 tracks total which isn’t too shabby

2 Likes

How dare you

I’m going to be driving/working most of today but I should be able to get it over to you tonight

1 BigUp

No no dont worry, I was just trying to think which ones I had done

1 BigUp

Yup

1 BigUp

sorry I didn’t get anything in for this one, just busy with life and not doing much music lately sadly

1 BigUp

I’m ok w you not participating. Improves odds for the rest of us. :duncelol:

2 Likes

Getting amped to hear yr smoov jazz trax y’all.

:bassbinns:

2 Likes

hopefully trax up soon

5 Likes

Hurry up nerd

jk we luv u

1 BigUp

Need to hear these ish’s

1 BigUp