MUTANT DANCEHALL COMPETITION - LISTEN AND VOTE!!

Mutant Dancehall (entry no 5) is so sick, sounds like an mks production :thinking:

2 Likes

If everyone is cool I’ll enable downloads once the voting is done

2 Likes

Would you be willing to extend a week for a newbie? Just saw this post.

Might even get this done in 3 or 4 days if I cram.

1 BigUp

@sleeps let him in
no excuses @Paralytik, stop talking about 9/14.5 time-sigs in the Prod thread and make a tune

2 Likes

I can accept a sub by Friday if you wanna have a crack at the comp and come in as a late entry, am Pretty sure I can add you to the poll and ppl can change their vote if they wish

There’s another production comp starting in a couple of weeks. I run them regularly.

2 Likes

@polkaroo There’s a schedule here LINK

There’s two different comps that I run alternately:

1. DSF comps: The winner of the previous DSF comp picks a theme and a BPM and curates the sample pack.
  2. My comps: I pick the theme, the bpm and curate the sample pack.

I do them this way so the winner of the previous comp has plenty of time to get a sample pack together.
There’s roughly a 2 week break between each comp. We usually get between 4 and 8 subs per compettion. Each comp has it’s own thread and the rules get announced at the beginning of each comp. Take a look thru the Production forum and you’ll see all the past comps.

i host all the tracks on my own Soundcloud so unfortunatley I have to take the tracks down after each comp due to space constraints so you likely won’t find any playlists to listen to.

2 Likes

Thanks. The sample link has expired for me on this end. Is there a way to renew it?

Thanks for explaining this for me!

I’ll re-up in a sec

1 BigUp

@polkaroo - the link in the OP should work now. Make sure to read the post re: the rules and tempo etc.

1 BigUp

some very sick tracks frens, well done 2 all involved

gonna need some d/ls

1 BigUp

I don’t mind if anyone wants to download my tune

1 BigUp

Could we use Vital/Vitalium?

I’m talking about using it without the use of a regular waveform such as a sine wave or square wave but only with the input of the given sound samples you provided. So it would basically be laying two given samples and modulating them to create another sound.

Or is that kinda like using a synth and so not allowed?

1 BigUp

Should be fine dude

1 BigUp

Cool, thanks. Not even really sure I’ll use it, but great to know it’s an option.

The input of all sounds must be a sample. So yes as long as you’re not using Vital to generate a new sound without using a sample then it’s fine.

1 BigUp

Bloody hell. Glume commented on the Yeng Yeng track :metal:

6 Likes

Damn, does that mean track #1 automatically wins

1 BigUp

It’s gotta count for something right

7 subs and 8 votes?
Come on now we can do better

1 BigUp