DSF60 Production Comp - 110 to 140

Today is deadline day so start finishing up and bouncing your tracks.

Send them to me via sendspace or wetransfer.

Voting starts tomorrow morning

Eh mines poop. Oh well

2 Likes

Ima have sth in yr inbox by midnight GMT.

:disappointed_relieved:

2 Likes

(e_E)!

Very small turnout this time - just the three submissions.
Voting is live in the OP so give 'em a whirl and cast a vote!

I totally forgot to send mine in x.x mind if I send it over @sleeps

I can but it’ll reset the 4 votes so far… but it’s xmas and the season of goodwill to all tunes

1 BigUp

Hold up, where was the track I sent o_o.

o well

I gave you a we-transfer link and a SC download link just in case, but ya I sent that one in on time,

If you don’t mind, throw mine up there too.

Fuuuck dude sorry you subbed waaaay early and it dropped off my radar!! Reupping the playlist asap!!

1 BigUp

Ok so in light of the late entry and the missed submission I have re-upped the playlist.

2 votes each this time, so if you had already voted, please can you do so again and add your 2nd vote,

Voting will close on Saturday 23rd

LINK

1 BigUp

Ok so we have another late entry :duncelol:
I’m not restarting the poll again so this one is in the playlist but won’t be able to be voted on.

Track One is huge. Excellent production, sound palette and construction is on point. Loads going on but not cluttered. It’s got vibes, real head nodder. Wish the kick hit a bit harder though.

Track Two is a lazy sunday afternoon bliss-out, but I just couldn’t get into it.

Three was good but the production was a bit thin imo. Didn’t feel full and rounded. Nice and grimy though. Dig the skippy percussion.

Track Four was a biggie. Really enjoyed this one. Loved the sound design, loads of elements all really complimenting each other. Sub could be louder.

Track Five again, not one I could get into. The chiptune melody was cool but the track felt very unfinished

Track Six, shame this one was too late to get voted on… this would have been one of my potential votes. Extra marks for using the vocals. Got that chopped and screwed Atlanta vibe. The throbbing section at 02.04 was sick.

2 Likes

#2 felt like nodding on too much codeine lol, could have used a bit more going on but the vibe is undeniable

#4 is a beautiful mess, drums are crisp and the sound design has a ‘chuck it all in a glitch VST’ vibe, in a good way tho, nice uniform distortion makes it feel alive

#6 real shame this didn’t get into the comp cos it’s sick, amazing bass stuff and the rhythm is nicely swung for the tempo. Vocals are sick and I like the way it switches to more dancefloory in the last half. Should definitely work on your deadline skills cos this would have won it for me

actually gutted I missed those vocals lol, one of the files was corrupted for me so i ditched using the acapella and I think I missed the other one (was a great pack)

1 BigUp

track 6 is dope

One more day to get those votes in

1 BigUp

Voting is closed. Results are in!

Well done @Dat_Daxter first comp entered and smashed it out the park with your entry. Big ups!

2nd place is @lloydnoise
Runner up is @_ronzlo

Honourable mentions to @sleeps for Track 3 and @Tolsof for track 5
Track 6 that was outside the vote was @Stance_ReThinK

That’s it for the year. I’ll be back with some new comps in February coz am taking a month off.

5 Likes

That guy needs to rethink his stance on meeting deadlines, easy winner imo

2 Likes

Sorry guys. I was 2… was running out of time and tried an experimental mixdown method and let’s just say it didn’t work.

Cheers to all who played.

3 Likes

Good job all around. Mine just kind of turned into a mess

1 BigUp

Ayy to celebrate

Here you go. Have a merry Christmas

Also, #6 was boss, stance get your shit in on time. big ups bois

1 BigUp