Dubstep that is not 4/4 Time

Some of this dubstep stuff was mindbending.

and another oneā€¦

Percussion in that is pretty awesome.

itā€™s pretty easy to 3/4 remix some 4/4 tracks, depends on the tune. i did a good one of cessman - gurkha but itā€™s not online any more

1 BigUp

lol well it (was) club music

i guess now its sit on youtube & play xbox music so that crowds pretty cool to appeal to i guess

Back in like 2005/6 Benga had one. Heard it only live and later on the radio shows like the old Stella Sessions. Donā€™t think it was ever released but I have it in a couple of old mixes somewhere. MC just called it ā€œwonky time signature tuneā€.

Not dubstep but dub-relevant, forgive if repost.
https://soundcloud.com/saul-e/saule-pinpoint-n-type-rinse-fm

^What he saidā€¦

was trying to mix something into this with no luck recently haha

1 BigUp

Iā€™d like to hear that?
was it 6306 by chance? that is 4/4 iirc, but has a very interesting rhythm

Edit:
Made a wonky mix with some wonky dubstep tunes. Might fit in the thread:
(starts about 24mins into the mix)
https://soundcloud.com/bastoy/mix2

2 Likes

(not electronic but some cool drumming)

I know the audio is a bit on the not so good side, yet i found some 17/16 drums by Marco Minneman

and also some 17/16, 19/16 and 25/16 business from Christopher Ghazel

1 BigUp

This little beastie is probably 4/4 yet has a 6/4 (maybe 6/8) feel to it in a good portion of the song with some 4/4 feels in the midsection.

I looked for it again but itā€™s on an old hard drive somewhere. But no itā€™s not that one. Donā€™t think it was released at all. It sounded a bit like a Coki tune skipping on a scratched CD or something.

I think this one is just 4x4 with a tripletty beat and awkwardly cut percussion samples tbh, though itā€™s not my favourite from her and Iā€™ve not spent heaps of time listening to it.

1 BigUp

I know Itā€™s pretty much 4/4 right but that placement of the snare does something to it

Swing!

@kaili has some 3/4 shit will post when Iā€™m done at work my soundcloud app is shitty and wont let me.share things

This channel is actually lit as fuck if youā€™re even mildly interested in music theory!
Popped up in my suggestions a couple of weeks ago and Iā€™ve never looked back.

1 BigUp