Eerie Atmospheres

I have GarageBand for my iPad…tell me more? I was a dumbass and missed my chance to download my shit from Camel Audio in time : ( So I’m working on borrowed time now…

For some reason I can’t find the Alchemy stuff in GB…

I don’t think know if they’re actually calling it Alchemy any more, but it’s the Alchemy synth engine for sure.

Yea. I just redownloaded it but I’m having trouble finding it. I see new stuff, but not what I’m expecting maybe.

Never mind. I don’t get that part of the update because my iPad Air doesn’t qualify. Too old. Fuck you Apple. I’m so done with you…lol.

Honestly, even though I’ve probably spent 100 bucks or more on iPad audio stuff…well and 100 for the interface…I’m just ditching it after this iPad Air gets too old to run anything. Fuck 'em. I almost went full Apple too. Sad thing is I bet Alchemy would probably run fine on this iPad…

1 BigUp

I’m about in the same place with iOS. Hated Macs for the longest, got seduced by some of the ease of iOS music making, now frustrated by the half baked inplementation in the long run. The audio jack business (which introduces latency and power supply conflict, plus Apple’s lack of appropriate fix for it all for pro audio) seals it.

1 BigUp

Cymbal samples too… always great to pitch way down, and then apply some gigantic long verb… I like B2… then sample, and do more whatever. The inharmonic or jacked-up overtones in cymbals always create odd tonal relationships which = sinister

1 BigUp

Soundhack Spiralstretch++ is great for exactly this. http://www.soundhack.com/pvoc/ funfact: made by tom erbe, the guy behind the famous erbverb eurorack module.

IT WOULD BE PRETTY FUNNY IF PRODUCERS STARTED RECORDING THEMSELVES WHEN THEY WERE SCARED

Don’t be afraid to sample. I’ve gotten great results from the intro noise to rock/metal tracks. Things like the amp-feedback etc. As long as you do some processing and don’t just slap it in raw then it can sound good and original.

1 BigUp

Even after spending my teens listening to tonnes of black metal and lots of stuff with eerie ambiences, I’ve never thought of this! Genius!

Enjoy :wink:

recorded my dad playing guitar with a phone and slowed it down for the into on this:

used paul stretch 50% then slowed it an octave in nn19 sampler.

creates really dark sounds

4 Likes

big tuna m8

1 BigUp

Well, I’ve been missin out. Downloaded paulstretch and it took about 10 minutes before boom, instant eerie.

I sometimes wish nobody knew about paulstretch, but that’s just me being selfish. It’s so awesome. It’s my secret weapon in the sample comps - you can coax almost any kind of sound bed out of it if you know what you’re doing.

Ok, seen the word ‘paul stretch’ 3 times, and that’s the magic number for me to go investigate, cheers gentleman

1 BigUp

NOOOOOOO

1 BigUp

next thing you know, people are going to find out about the amen break!

6 Likes