Embers Breaks

Seems like some other folks will stream on Twitch tonight/now. First one already done.

1 BigUp

I guess he reopened it.

I must have missed that, been open for me most of the afternoon here. Maybe he shut it down yesterday or something, then opened it again.

Here’s link to Oura currently making something in Ableton.

Some movement on the EB thread on DOA, seems like the Nutta dude is back? Not sure what went down…

I find it so hilarious that embers took off even remotely.

4 Likes

Same. But judging by the frequency of incestuous shit meme content on here, it’s not surprising. Still hilarious though.

It makes me happy the lengths at which some of us retards are willing to go for a microscopic laugh over something so obscure.

2 Likes

That’s what this community is all about. :eggplant:

1 BigUp

Check out the music sometime though.

2 Likes

Possible to get a Top 10 in this thread? No offense, can’t be arsed otherwise.

2 Likes

Almost impossible.

So many different styles within the BPM restriction of 145 or 163.75.

Which was another joke lol. The 163.75 I mean.

Can you post a few tracks? I know this has been a running thing for a while, but I’ve never really understood if it was serious or a meme.

1 BigUp

It was a comment that got widely flamed, then became a meme, then became an actual mini-scene. And surprisingly is in rude health. Until the other day when the main guy who was running things got banned from DOA and took alll his toys with him.

A lot of it sounds like fast breakbeat or slow jungle tbf

1 BigUp

Here’s one of the radio shows

1 BigUp

Thanks for explaining!

All I remember is that guy getting rinsed here and then the next thing people were talking about it heaps (mainly mks lol). Obvs more popular over on doa, which makes sense

4 Likes

Are there any other music groups like Embers where people create tunes and get together to listen to them? Would like to know.

I really don’t like stagnating, even if only for a week or two.

Wasn’t it based off a guy who thought he’d created a new genre at 145 but it was just some reg tune lol

1 BigUp

We do at least one music competition a month

https://community.dsf.ninja/t/dsf-production-comp-schedule-updated-23-06-23/15837/7

1 BigUp

Thanks. Is there some place I can got more information. I’m just not entirely sure how this works. Do you submit a tune to someone and they spin it in a mix? Do we just post our tune in the forum?

I see this one here: DSF59 - MUTANT DANCEHALL COMPETITION

This looks awesome, but I’m too late—would need about 5 days to make a tune. Is there another contest coming up?

1 BigUp

there’s a few embers shows posted in the global jungle friendship thread

1 BigUp