FatCatBounce - The Depth of Rain (Dark ambient modular techno)

Hello Peeps!

This is my first post, so please feel free to slap if something against the rules. I would like to get some feedback for my new song.

https://soundcloud.com/fatcatbounce/the-depth-of-rain-1

The entire song was made with my modular, except the rain sample, what I have recorded with the zoom h6 then sampled it in kontakt. Some processing was applied to the sounds, but only to adjust frequency levels, so mixing is still left. As i’ve said, every sound is self designed, for the nerdy ones, here is a little description:

BD: sub - mutant bd, body - dinky’s taiko
groove (snare): nord drum 2
synth / 2 bars: mutable elements (modulated through abstract data - octacontroller)
pad: omnipshere with custom waveform
pad 2: omnishpere with custom waveform from intellijel shapeshifter
arp / acid: intellijel shapeshifter + mutable coulds in looping delay mode shifted to +5 + tonestar arp2600 routed to intellijel rainmaker and loads of modulation from ocatcontroller and makenoise maths, notes driven from makenoise rene

Feel free to also ask me for feedback and thanks very much!

1 BigUp

Nice sound designs!
These ambient techno stuff is not my kind of style, but i like the sound elements - maybe i try to chop some bits :stuck_out_tongue:

Maybe you could have used some more percussive elements on some parts? For example i really like these hh/cymbal-elements coming through at around 7:10!

Cheers

1 BigUp

Thanks very much for the feedback! Indeed will include more percussive elements and also will make the tune a bit shorter. Thanks again!

1 BigUp