Gear Lust Part 7

there isn’t really a standard for euro power lol, its all over the place and just by virtue having some rca’s plugged into the back of the doepfer among all the chaos usually just results in a ton of noise. I have some decent PSU’s for my rig but the power cables are a massive tangle behind the rack.

typically noise isn’t a problem with eurorack stuff though, just in the sort of outlier modules usually, like the external spring reverb.

1 BigUp

I should clarify that i mean overall as a system i’ve never encountered like a ground loop hum situation or noise coming from a certain unit plugged into the PSU creating noise for other units also plugged into it. A lot of euro modules are noisy as fuck on their own though, some of them are my fav modules lol.

1 BigUp

He’s selling it for 450 usd

You just slap it for crash, hehe.

If you have one. My friend pulled one out of a guitar amp. The springs were like 3 times as long as that unit.

I’m going to have to settle for my Eventide Spring plugin.

I will try to smack it.

1 BigUp

A friend has a Moog with built-in spring verb, it’s very slappable. Been looking for a rack-mountable spring verb for a while, would probably be the most practical for my setup. I see Vermona also makes this one:

1 BigUp

I’ve always wanted one of these with a tank

i pretty much want all the benidub stuff tho tbf

3 Likes

If this doesn’t exist it should:

A dedicated audio capture stick for your tv with its own little remote and a rolling capture buffer of like 30s…

I know sampling off a tv is already easy af but if this thing allowed easy audio rips stored in a network-visible place then it could be viable as a consumer product. With massive disclaimers about copyright blah blah blah.

3 Likes

This is why it’s not a product.

But then why don’t samplers proper - and even AV cables - do the same?

Hmmm. Gotta be a way… even if it’s homebrew Raspberry Pi shit.

Edit:

This is halfway there, just needs a proper UI for the task…

https://www.insigniaproducts.com/pdp/NS-HZ340/6324750

I just use Loopback, Audacity, and Netflix/Amazon Prime/youtube.
If I hear a good sample, just rewind 10 seconds and hit record

5 Likes

That’s actually pretty brilliant. You’ve got it dialed in.

But I’m American, so what I want is just one button that does it all because my hand is too obese to click more than once in rapid succession.

:raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed::pig::us:

2 Likes

bought a behringer td-3 for cheap, we’ll see if that sparks an interest into tunemaking. already got a tr-8s for drums, gonna try making fast, fun and dumb hard hitters. glad the td-3 has built in distortion

4 Likes

I use Audacity too, very easy to sample exactly whatever that is playing on your PC.

1 BigUp

It’s such a great and simple workhorse, I can’t imagine ever using anything else for sampling

I only use it for transcoding, as long as you’ve got ffmpegx its unbeatable for the range of codecs. Audio Hijack is the easiest audio sampler imo, great interface for switching between sources

2 Likes

First song you would play on this:

1 BigUp

crazy frog

4 Likes

Afraid I don’t know that one

Of fuck, it all just came flooding back to me:

3.7B views, god damn