How to make Trap

Im interested in showing beginners how i make Trap. If you saw on my post i said it is for beginners and if you have made trap before you probably will not be interested by it.

No, I get it. Thanks. Sincerely.

What I was saying - perhaps there’s a language/nuance barrier here - is that these sounds evolve organically and haphazardly, so attempting to quantify that organic haphazardness post hoc into a lesson seems a bit - forced? Hard to find the right word.

Ok, Imagine you’re an up and coming rapper from the streets with little edu and even less access to resources, but you love to spit rhymes and all that-

-So then you look online for ways to improve your game and find tutorials dissecting flow of specific “name” mc’s and what they all do in common. You write that down as instructions because “if all those guys are doing it and they’re successful then clearly that must be The Recipe” right?

Except it’s not. What they have in common is often actually fairly minimal. In the same way, pointing out general stylistic signifiers of a sound and then explaining how to make those exact sounds is not the same as teaching someone what the music is doing on a nuts and bolts level.

Another metaphor is art; if someone is into drawing and got their start off comic books, it’s one thing to teach them how to draw Batman exactly using the DC comic style guide and quite another to teach them general human anatomy, lighting, composition. Most budding artists are better served by the latter, because then they can make their own take on Batman and it’ll sound unique.

Anyway-

Please keep 'em coming. You’re doing more good than harm fo’sho. If anything, just dive into that nuts and bolts shit for beginners so they can learn fundamentals and not styles.

:thumbsup:

3 Likes

This :thumbsup:

It’s great to see people contributing OC resources rather than just being snidely or spamming their SoundCloud.

Ignore the trolls :smile:

1 BigUp

I don’t know, it’s not like there’s a lack of tutorials in the internet to justify posting low quality ones.

5 Likes

Thanks!

Personally as someone who makes trap beats from time to time I wouldn’t really consider this trap. Tbh tho its good of u to try and help new producers out so big up.
One bit of advice I would give is maybe use “softening language” (not sure what the real term is" to make it clear that this sort of thing is mostly down to opinion. E.g. say “trap style beats”.

1 BigUp

this clearly sounds like tune battle initiation

3 Likes

Tune battle me op

1 BigUp

Trap tune battle

only if both need to use the “DAMN SON WHERE’D U FIND THIS” sample

1 BigUp

lol how is this trap

normally 140 btw

rules:

1. airhorn usage off the chart