I have an old keyboard which as a midi out port can i use it as a midi controller in ableton

Ok, First of all this is my first post here, so if im in the wrong side of the forum please bear with me. As the title reads, i have an old keyboard which my friend gave to me, it has a midi out, i was wondering if i could use it as a midi controller in ableton using a midi to usb cable. the keyboard part looks like this. and the cable looks like this. Thanks in advance :smiley:

You’re in the right place, don’t worry :smile:

I can’t comment on the cable specifically (you may need to install a driver or something), but to use your keyboard as a midi controller with Ableton all you need is a midi out from the keyboard to a midi in on the computer.

I think you need a little midi to USB box. Motu do one and o don’t think its expensive.

in the description of the cable it says that its just a plug and play thingy and it installs the drivers on its own :stuck_out_tongue: ill do a bit more research on the cables, thankyou :smiley:

i have posted a link to the cable i was talking about, would u mind having a look? - http://www.amazon.in/Midi-Interface-Adapter-Cable-1-8m/dp/B00GKHL3RQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1438149888&sr=8-1&keywords=midi+to+usb

it says its plug and play so if you’ve already bought it just plug it in and see what happens I guess

i havent bought it yet, ill order it today and tell u guys how it went once i get it :smiley:

Looks like it’d work man!