I know it is not Dubstep but maybe some one can help ? ^^

Yo Ninjas !

so I am listening a lot to Trap latley and I was wondering how would one archive this sound: https://clyp.it/old0qpqh

is it actually just a trumpet sample compressed and distorted or is there more to it ? I can´t really seem to get these kind of sounds down but maybe some one of you guys have a Idea ?

(btw. my mother tounge isn´t english so please dont hate :slight_smile: )

Fuck a trumpet, grab a saw, or more, and stick an envelope on the pitch.

1 BigUp

Ok thx dude Ima try it out

it sounds like what MorrisJessie said,just try out different saws and notch out certain frequencies you think will get you there,sounds like it has a bi of reverb too,but it could be from the drums or the little beep

1 BigUp

FTR, I think production would be better if people talked more about genres that aren’t dubstep.

1 BigUp

Yeah it doesn’t sound like a trumpet to me it sounds like a saw wave that’s distorted and the pitch is played with like slide notes. If you are on FL, try using 3xosc to make the sound with a saw and a square wave together.

1 BigUp

Yo thanks for the tips guys!

I got something cool but it sounds more lasery (can’t show right now since I am not on my PC) but yeah I used two saws and that worked out really good so thanks guys ^^

Okay skrillex drops

1 BigUp