I made a tune , Dubstep ( not professional yet.)

Good concept, not so good execution. Try more complex sound design for your basses. I personally like heavy hitting dubstep but for the style this is it’s not that bad. Keep studying and learning more things to get better. I think you will! :slight_smile:

1 BigUp

change name

Don’t change name.
You ought to know, most of the people on this forum hate things that arent neutral with regards to sexuality. Which isn’t to say they’re necessarily queerphobic, though this thread may make you think otherwise, just that a lot of mf are set in their ways and uncomfortable with openness.
Not everyone has to be a producer/dj for a music scene, sometimes it’s important to have people to fulfill this roles for social scenes too.

1 BigUp

Isn’t there a guy called unicorn fucker or something like that, pretty sure he’s been associated with yunx before

for some reason it reminds me of skream - raw dogz

2 Likes

No.
Queer is just a shit word.

Wtf are you going on about lol

gay people obviously have a historic connection to & appreciation for disco music that shouldnt be trivialized in a bedroom dubstep producer’s name

2 Likes

tbh I haven’t listened to your tune since I’m at work here, but in any case your stuff is gonna sound pretty shit in the beginning anyway, that’s just how it goes.
You shouldn’t focus on the fact that people are saying that it sounds bad, but rather what exactly they dislike about it so you can improve in those areas.

1 BigUp

case in point.

Also, one track doesn’t really make you a dubstep producer, most of the stuff on her page has nothing to do with dubstep.

1 BigUp

im making a bluegrass band called black kwaito

Well what you’re doing is dumb because you just wanna do it to take the piss.

A few bits of advice. Forums are not always the best place to look for constructive criticism. Dats whack Bruv…is generally not helpful.

A fundamental thing that separates good music from bad. If you have a group of good musicians, when they play, they respond to each other. They make choices as to what to play in response to what others are doing. You could get a bunch of long drum and bass samples, and assemble them into a track, without doing any editing. It’ll sound like DnB, but if it sounds good, that’ll be by accident. This is a long way of me saying, your kick isn’t really in conversation with your bass. I would say the distinctive thing with all genres of dub step, is the elements are in conversation with each (not necessarily in agreement). But that it’s not just people speaking random lines in say English, but that the statements make some sense in relation to each other. In formal music theory they make a big deal of this, and try to fit things into a mathematical framework, but it really is just conversation skills…which is something you can learn to do but not something that can really be taught…

1 BigUp

Thank you very much. :slight_smile:

Thanks for checking my SC :slight_smile:

I was kinda trying future bass something…

I appreciate a lot for your thoughtful comment !

thank you… :smile:

That name is just made by my friend for fun.

Me and friend both like disco , also. like Skream does.

I’m gonna change the name when i get better than now and should be more official something.

anyway, Thanks for concern.

Ture,

Kinda make me encourage me…

Thank you very much… :slight_smile:

Have a great day, there !

First of all, thanks for sincere comment.

Good example, btw…

I agree with you.
Conversation you’re talking of each elements apply to other genre too , I guess…
but i couldn’t catch so far before read your comment. Thanks for awakening me.

Btw, do you mean that conversation skills could get by myself someday, in consequence of making stuff over and over and trying, not like be taught by someone else…?

I wish i could have the skills and instincts, and could learn someday…