Jungle Warfare Production Comp - Part 1 The Beginning

Going to be traveling all week and have barely had time to work on this so not sure I’ll have time.
Might actually finish this up after the competition anyways tho cuz it’s a pretty great pack lol

2 Likes

Make sure you link the tune once it’s done. I wanna hear 'em all!

2 Likes

I started an arrangement last night. I didn’t do anything today.

1 BigUp

Third of the way there. I got something nice going, just need to build the sections, add some switches and some spice and im done.

Gonna be a long night…

Tomorrow is the deadline and I’ll post up the poll/sc playlist on saturday.

1 BigUp

What time tomorrow?

1 BigUp

Yeah, we’re 8 hours behind you and I have a working day.

1 BigUp

As long as you send it before midnight of friday 17th in your timezone youre good.

2 Likes

(post deleted)

Delete that post and send me it via PM then we can have an anonymous vote
:wink:

3 Likes

I changed the SC track to “private” but can’t figure out how to share the secret link

not seeing a “share” option anywhere :frowning:

Gonna make a last attempt at getting this to work 2night lol

Sleepwalker the vox samples are p bad imo, if we do this again we should have some different clips of extended dialogue from eclectic media you can actually creatively recontextualize, not just “badman real junglist come fi murda” etc

Making the unusual rock music breaks into good jungle is an interesting challenge but those vox samples are so dry

Also the sub sample sucks too but thats a fair challenge tbf, I know I can make it sound hard if I work at it. Tried applying FM to it and doing some modulation envelope magic but it’s hard to make it not just a rly soft flat sub. Curious to see if any of u have amazing bass lines here.

1 BigUp

maybe try two layered versions of the sub:

• low cut 30 hz, high cut 85 hz version

• low cut 150 hz + distortion plugin version

2 Likes

Just upload your mp3 to some file sharing service and send him the link

1 BigUp

word

Yeah that’s basic common sense was trying a variant of that already. It actually sounds quite sick texture/physics wise just not in key lol

One voice in the sampler largely unchanged, the other with spectral formant shift and FM and distortion. Sounds a bit like those textured Photek bass stings but just shitty and out of tune

2 Likes

I really just want a traditional clean downward pitched jungle sub boom which I can do easily in a synth but not with this sample somehow, sampler doesn’t seem to like me trying to give it a pitch envelope, just doesn’t sound tight

Could always use something else to make a sub. I got one (that hopefully is as clean and heavy as it sounds on my shit speakers) from glitching out some other sample

1 BigUp

Doubting if I’ll have anything worth submitting by tonight (which is on me considering the extension already lmao, had a lot going on this week that I wasnt anticipating) …could try and get it in but if not I’ll send to you when its more fleshed out even if the comp is over

1 BigUp

spent too long on sound design forgot to make a whole track provlem is

2 Likes

Its jungle m8, we com fi murda a bludclaat soundboy!!
I aint sending you a wav of JFK’s inaugural address :joy:
(winner picks the samples for the next pack, so if its you, then go nuts :+1:)

And that sub is a basic sine tuned to an E1 at 41.20hz
Not sure what you mean by out of tune?

1 BigUp