Jungle Warfare Production Competition 01...

JUNGLE WARFARE PRODUCTION COMPETITION

Rules:

• Genre - Jungle
  • Tempo - 165-173 bpm
  • Time Sig - 4/4 or 5/4
  • Track Length - 4 to 6 minutes (but if you want to create a huge 12 minute opus then go right ahead)
  • Samples - only those provided in the pack - no original sounds to be produced however extensive manipulation and destruction of the sample pack is actively encouraged.
  • Closing Date - Sunday 12th July

Completed tunes to be exported as MP3 and uploaded to a filesharing service of your choice, and the download link sent to my DMs. I’ll then create a playlist on SC and a poll.

Now go fuck up them breaks.
https://send.firefox.com/download/1c5b7d2c29729424/#f3D9y1BMIZyoWNEaE_MJdQ

Mod Edit:
Download Mirror
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DehHKN9eNAjOPvUviLxxf6PTF1u6bDFc/view?usp=sharing

@cyclopian
@MARSEN
@_ronzlo
@knobgoblin
@Harkat
@Jay_Kushra
@syrup
@faultier
@Hibbie
@Tolsof
@butter_man
@Scroll_Lock

and anyone else who wants in…

7 Likes

@discobot quote

Jungle is massive

:left_speech_bubble: Through meditation and by giving full attention to one thing at a time, we can learn to direct attention where we choose. — Eknath Easwaran

KQ89

I may do.

1 Like

you sonnuva bitch, i’m in

1 Like

Yeah I’m in boys. Be more fun with no sample pack restrictions tho

1 Like

I’ve tried to put in a whole range of stuff so that you can get straight into making a beat rather than editing, cutting up etc, which hopefully makes it a bit more fun. I didn’t want ppl getting bogged down in sample manipulation.

1 Like

Das not kompute?

Sample manipulation is the fun tho :lol_og:

People who can’t chop breaks cleanly at the transients don’t deserve to make bangin jungle

But yh I get it. U better not have picked wack breaks tho

3 Likes

No amen, think or funky drummer breaks. You gotta work harder than that!!
I think there’s four main breaks, 4 fills, and 2 or 3 bits and pieces. I ain’t making it too easy on ya!!!

I think I put enough sounds in there that the mainpulators and the block builders can all get stuck in fairly quickly

deleting all my jungle tunes rn

2 Likes

they just better not be some stiff sample pack DNB break, u kinda need that imperfection of them being sampled off a record and then sped up past their intended tempo to give it that jungle vibe

1 Like

I’m offended!! I was listening to Jungle before you were even born you cheeky young pup (probably)
They’re all old breaks straight off the vinyl.

2 Likes

nice haha that was my only real concern

1 Like

I mean you could just DL the pack and listen… :wink:

1 Like

on phone init, gonna do

1 Like

looking forward to hearing these

1 Like

Sounds fun, I’ll check it out later.

Im assuming the finished tracks will be anonymous?