Jungle Warfare Production Comp - Part 1 The Beginning

JUNGLE WARFARE PRODUCTION COMPETITION
2 votes each, please use them both. Poll will close at 5pm GMT Friday 25th July.
Producers will be revealed after poll is closed, winner chooses the samples for the next jungle comp.

https://soundcloud.com/old_shock/sets/dsf-jungle-warfare-production-comp

• JW - 001
  • JW - 002
  • JW - 003
  • JW - 004
  • JW - 005
  • JW - 006
  • JW - 007
0 voters
9 Likes

@discobot quote

Jungle is massive

:left_speech_bubble: Through meditation and by giving full attention to one thing at a time, we can learn to direct attention where we choose. — Eknath Easwaran

KQ89

I may do.

1 BigUp

you sonnuva bitch, i’m in

1 BigUp

Yeah I’m in boys. Be more fun with no sample pack restrictions tho

1 BigUp

I’ve tried to put in a whole range of stuff so that you can get straight into making a beat rather than editing, cutting up etc, which hopefully makes it a bit more fun. I didn’t want ppl getting bogged down in sample manipulation.

1 BigUp

Das not kompute?

Sample manipulation is the fun tho :lol_og:

People who can’t chop breaks cleanly at the transients don’t deserve to make bangin jungle

But yh I get it. U better not have picked wack breaks tho

3 Likes

No amen, think or funky drummer breaks. You gotta work harder than that!!
I think there’s four main breaks, 4 fills, and 2 or 3 bits and pieces. I ain’t making it too easy on ya!!!

I think I put enough sounds in there that the mainpulators and the block builders can all get stuck in fairly quickly

deleting all my jungle tunes rn

2 Likes

they just better not be some stiff sample pack DNB break, u kinda need that imperfection of them being sampled off a record and then sped up past their intended tempo to give it that jungle vibe

1 BigUp

I’m offended!! I was listening to Jungle before you were even born you cheeky young pup (probably)
They’re all old breaks straight off the vinyl.

2 Likes

nice haha that was my only real concern

1 BigUp

I mean you could just DL the pack and listen… :wink:

1 BigUp

on phone init, gonna do

1 BigUp

looking forward to hearing these

1 BigUp

Sounds fun, I’ll check it out later.

Im assuming the finished tracks will be anonymous?