Kutkh Jackdaw rolling thread

Updated mixdown on this track too!

Revised the mixdown on Emergency!

Yep, you guessed it, another updated mixdown!

Theyā€™re actually really good imo, crisp but rawā€¦ sounds like good festival music lol

Try some half-step dubbed up versions next, like real King Tubby style

2 Likes

Cheers mate.

The only proper half-step track Iā€™ve done was my first one, Innocents. To be honest, Iā€™ve kinda drifted away from that influence, but I wouldnā€™t totally discount coming back to it.

I suppose dub isnā€™t half-step either so it doesnā€™t matter really lol just keep at it

1 BigUp

Did this little bootleg / mashup of DJ Loser ā€˜Ī Ī±ĻĪ±Ī»ĪæĪ³Ī± Ī¤ĪµĪ¹Ļ‡Ī·ā€™ and some Gaelic Salm singing, which sounds better than you might think.

If you like the track, go buy DJ Loserā€™s original release on Clan Destine Records, itā€™s a great EP.
clandestinerecords.bandcamp.com/album/cruā€¦lancholia

Got a new mix online for listening or download. 1hr 30min of 80ā€™s & modern Disco, Italo-Disco, New Wave, Synth-Pop, House & Electro.

Got my mate Movement to do a remix of my last track. Itā€™s a dark 2-step thing, which really takes me back to the days when 2-step was morphing into dubstep. Proper happy with what he did with it. Heā€™s had a few releases, including on Southpoint, which some of you might of heard of. Defo check out the rest of his stuff.

My original track here as well:

1 BigUp

Itā€™s funny how a remix can completely change a track

1 BigUp

Did a mix for Unmasked, who are a London based collective that run a podcast series as well as regular events in the city. Featuring almost 2 hours of both modern and original EBM, techno, industrial, electro, synthwave, acid and post-punk.

1 BigUp

Notausgang has done a remix of my track Sweat & Thunder, on an EBM / techno vibe.

Your stuff goes well with an industrial vibe doesnā€™t it!

1 BigUp

Yeah I reckon so! Iā€™ve been slowly moving in that direction myself too.

Got a new track up on the Soundcloud, this one was heavily influenced by original 80s EBM, and also more modern techno. Itā€™s my first track produced using only vintage hardware too.

Fuck that sounds crackers! How did you make the bass? Sounds a bit like slap bass, stands out in the mix quite a lot

1 BigUp

Sounds like a sample to me but I could be wrong.

Iā€™ve been making string bass sounds in Predator mostly. You donā€™t need Predator obviously, but I do like having 3 oscā€™s and plenty of modulation options for it. I think
most of mine are a combination of triangle, saw and a little sine. Then I just shape it
to taste with two filters and some type of overdrive on the high end. Also been using
my Dynacord as a tape saturation effect on these sounds.

Cheers! And good spot, itā€™s not a sample, itā€™s a slap bass from a Roland R8 drum machine, but itā€™s also been run through an effects unit and mixer.

1 BigUp

Right! Itā€™s a bit stark so maybe you could run it through an amp and close mic it to run off some highs? Unless you like that of course!

To be honest, Iā€™m pretty happy with it, but I appreciate the comments man!

1 BigUp