Metalheadz

lol @ post marka

:+1:

well you gotta admit, after that tune blew up, halfstep tunes w/ mcs were the thing to do if you wanted an instant banger

But thereā€™s nothing wrong with them if you are into rap and halfstep dnb lol

no but theyā€™re bait & get old fast

2 Likes

no no, I took it as a genious, spot on lovely sarcastic scene comment :strawberry: :cookie: :bomb:

same thing went down with ragga core

1 BigUp

lol that tune is so boring on its own. typical transition tool; canā€™t be played for more than 16 bars alone or will immediately suck the energy out of a set. the only guy who can get away with playing that shit straight up is skeptical.

that snare sounds dutty though.

eh itā€™s not that bad but itā€™s defo not a tune worth spending too much money on. i like it way more than other obvious bangers in that style. then again i also rate jubei more than skeptical. or at least i used to; his album was kinda boring & dull but his earlier records on metalheadz were good

as a dj aswell? only saw him once and wasnā€™t very impressed, then again he did some peng mixes I think.

i like some of his stuff definitely but think they were on horizon

nah was judging strictly by their music. think i heard like one jubei mix ever. and didnā€™t go to see skeptical via not caring

fair enough!

The Rockwell remix is bigger tho

Got time for Jubei: Patience, Tevatron, few of his tunes with Alix Perez are decent

1 BigUp

why are the cat numbers for metalheadz so disorganized / messed up? trying to go through the back cat and you got MET, MH, METH, which seems to last for a while, and then it randomly becomes META in 2012, and you also got a bunch of other seemingly random ones in there as well.

iā€™m guessing they didnā€™t wanna go past 100 with METH but why are the early ones so messed up?

itā€™s a lot easier (at least for me) to conceptualize what was released at what point when you just got straightforward cat noā€™s.

lol are cat.noā€™s that important to you?
they just changed over time. first one was MH but the re-release of that has MET.
pretty straight forward imo as the first 10 were MET, then changed.
and with META, thatā€™s like a rebooting of the label once they reached 100. then thereā€™s the METHXX series which is for less known producers/tunes that donā€™t fit 100% with the rest of the label. and the platinum and razors sublabels.
oh and thereā€™s 00DARK which was bass 2 dark which iā€™m guessing was meant as a one off thing

plenty of labels have ā€œfucked upā€ cat.nos; donā€™t see the issue with it really
like http://www.discogs.com/label/233696-Weevil-Neighbourhood or http://www.discogs.com/label/112399-Hidden-Hawaii

I mean itā€™s not like the end of the world but as I said, as someone who was not there for the bulk of the labels releases, it helps you think about the timing of the releases, which artists were more active when, etc.

Obviously youā€™ve figured the whole thing out so props

Side note - kinda sucks having ā€˜methā€™ as your cat letters doesnā€™t it.

in a way youā€™re right because discogs pages are a mess a lot of times especially with bigger labels who also have loads of shit licensed. but the numbers are in order even if the lettering changed, and like i said the lettering has a certain chronology. not to mention you also have the release dates for each record. and if a label page is too hard to follow you can always go on artists pages or just set the view to a chronological order rather than the standard cat.no.-based one.

and nah, METH sounds sick

thing is tho, discogs seems to just sort by year, so u cant really see what came out at which time of year by looking at the order

1st world problem

ur face is a first world problem

3 Likes

A few big ones. Too many to just pick.

Moving Shadow is another massive catalogue.