Mix of the day thread

This shit is so dang gut

1 BigUp

Goddamm

Josi devil is quickly becoming one of my new favourites

4 Likes

This is siiiiiiiick mang, thx for sharing.

Is there a term for this techno/dancehall stuff that’s coming up a lot lately? It’s not really yardcore… tecHall lol.

I’m actually ok if we wait a long time to coin sth tbh. The moment it gets a name it loses options.

1 BigUp

Don’t think there’s any name for it, but Mr mitch just been going with techno dancehall which is probably the best description for it atm haha

1 BigUp

mutant dancehall?

whatever it is I wish there was a tracklist, v nice mix

Another good Josi Devil mix…

2 Likes

Banging mix this. There’s this weird fucked up vocal bit in the first 10 minutes that I’ve been after for ages

1 BigUp

Sleeper coming through with the wobblers. He uploaded this a good couple years ago but took it down. Used to rinse it, glad he’s reuploaded it.

Also there’s something about dubstep being mixed at 144+ that really gets me going

yeah man that 143 / 144bpm thing, I know youngsta does it aswell.

Off topic,

Is this common among 140 these days, I know during '12 - 14 it seemed pretty (seemed) common.

2 Likes

I don’t think it’s common these days, at least not from what I’ve noticed. Think it’s easier for people just to stay at 140 and not have to touch the pitchfaders

1 BigUp

yeah true, I friend of mine was saying, It made the “dungeon” stuff alittle more club/dance friendly. Especially when playing out in a club setting.

Yeah it makes a surprising amount of difference tbh. Way more energy to the tunes

I almost never play tunes at their intended speed, usually faster

2 Likes

Couple of guys I know listen to a lot of 45 stuff at 33. Metal records esp.
Gets real grindy and gnarly.

first track is one of mine :open_mouth:

6 Likes

my m8 did a mix of his productions, it’s p sick

Error

Josi Devil on the boom bap flex

2 Likes
1 BigUp