BRUT SQUAD WORLDWIDE MASSIF

i checked their next mix out

any idea what the tune at 3:48-ish is? with the vocals being plucked like guitar

yeah it’s so good. got me on youtube looking for “generic metal riff” for inspo

sorry no idea about that tune, its peng tho

Nah, I’m feeling a lot of the production except for the pop vocal stuff, it’s trying too hard. I mean there’s a time and a place - DJ/Rupture, Soft Pink Truth, others have done it well - but too much of it can ruin the vibe.

What is interesting tho is watching outliers become mainstream, which is clearly happening here (yet again). It’s fascinating watching the margins fold back into the center in art.

new Genome666 release

Not so out there but would prob bang on a big system

And then crush their faces with

2 Likes

I just copped this album on bandcamp thinking the soundcloud upload was clips but no the tunes are all like 1 minute long :frowning: Still really lovely stuff but dang haha

see also

2 Likes

genome with yet another lovely release

1 BigUp

also @_ronzlo Amnesia scanner is playing at Mutek in SF this year :slight_smile:

1 BigUp

Yeah, GAIKA too. Wonder if there are one-off tickets?

1 BigUp

yeah, i think its gonna be same as last year where you can grab tixs to the individual nights again

they were expensive last year tho and knowing our luck amnesia scanner will prob be in the mezzanine :frowning:

It is supposed to be a big AV production and there aren’t too many places with the real estate for screens… but I hope not.

That spot in Oakland we saw Mdou Moctar at would be p good for that tho.

yeah man! that spot would be so amazing with some extra sound support, perfect room for a Void Incubus rig tbh :slight_smile:

The Grey Area theater in sf is also prime, already a ton of amazing stuff going down there regularly, the built in sound is not the best tho

1 BigUp

5/2 is the date, venue tba… :crossed_fingers:

1 BigUp

Just logged back in for the first time in forever and saw this lol my bad

It’s DJ Flashback - Triple Six, 12"
thanks for listening man

2 Likes

Cheers bud

1 BigUp