Our band could be your life

1 BigUp

Hey, did you ever see that Minutemen documentary? It was pretty good. Itā€™s called ā€œWe Jam Econoā€.

yeah it was great, been meaning to rewatch was ages ago

that bit where mike wattā€™s saying how he met d boone, he was in a park and boone just full out of a tree in front of him playing army and then they were friends forever

that bit was so cute i nearly cried : /

ive been meaning to post the audio of henry rollins reading his memoirs for a while
obviously heā€™s a dick and all but i found it fascinating

3 v angry hours

really really made me wanna hop in a van and go tour hah

i have almost no idea what youā€™re talking about :shrug:

OK, good then!

post damage black flag can be ā€¦ hard work (like rewarding in other ways hearing them stretch out and grow as artists but short on chestbeating anti-parent anthems)

but this has some straight bangers

this is cool, some really nice concert footage (ie guy jumping through the basketball hoop), nice footage but you donā€™t learn much about themā€¦really rate them as a band and people but doesnā€™t look all that fun to be in fugazi at all haha, so the 2hrs doesnā€™t fly by

I had the chance to see Fugazi live twice during their heyday. They really were a great band, that is why they are still so well regarded.

1 BigUp

absolutely melting into the furniture with this 1

thereā€™s a severe lack of melvins in this bitch

unwound deserve a bit more love imo

butthole surfers too

as for some less suburban american music:

eyeless in gaza are fucking sick. only got their 80s albums and the one they released on downwards in 2012 tho

great collab this

1 BigUp
1 BigUp

been a while

Some of my friends and I were such huge fans of My Name. A lot of them were from Tacoma, I guess that is how I got turned on to them.

I think I like Mic City Sons much better than any Elliot Smith solo album.
Any experts on here? Itā€™s a lot of records.

Rollins reads Dr. Seuss

1 BigUp
1 BigUp

ā€¦remembering the time I saw Janeā€™s at a <1000 club a week after Nothingā€™s Shocking came out - Thelonious Monster opened. The singer for the latter was talking shit about the crowd, I yelled something back (probably ā€œfuck you!ā€) and Angelo Moore, who I hadnā€™t noticed in front of me, turned around laughing and shook my hand. Then JA came onā€¦ :smashedlol: Perry taking swigs from a big jug of red wine and passing it to the audience, most of whom were underage. My HS English teacherā€™s son worked at the venue as a bouncer and almost quit that night.

Good times. Mustā€™ve beenā€¦ 17? 18?

1 BigUp