Producer's Starter Pack

To clean the fucking floor you dirty tnuck.

1 BigUp

Brooms and dustpans = less noise though. I like to listen to music when I clean.
I don’t have dyson money, then again I’m not sure they qualify as vacuum cleaners.

1 BigUp

uh

get one of those lex luger sample packs that are on the internet

wobbles turned me on to them and i’ve used them infinity times. all ur 808 shit on a plate

like don’t make every tune entirely from them but they always fill in gaps for me

u r mixing elements quieter not louder. turn shit down and turn the monitors up and hear that shit mix 2gether

u can sidechain and eq and filter all you like but you’ll still have a crap drums/bass mix if you’re not spending enough time and energy on getting their respective volumes right

personally i’d also say start with your daw’s plugins and don’t dl loads of stuff like massive and NI effects until you’ve got comfortable, they’re designed for use in your daw so you don’t get millions of pop ups and they use less cpu, and there’s plenty of techniques to help you get more out of them, ie resampling, having them on a send/return, putting a compressor after them etc

1 BigUp