:grinning:

:hmm:

So should we do it?

1 BigUp

Do wot?

1 BigUp

Use what you like

1 BigUp

Anyone know if there is a delay plugin where you can set individual timings for each delay. I.e that the first piece of delayed signal is say, 1/8th, the next is 1/16th, next is 1/32th etc? Preferably you’d be able to modulate the panning of each piece of delayed signal as well.

I think I know of stereo delays where you can set different times for each channel but I never had heard of one that does what you are asking.

This is a really cool delay that you should check out:

1 BigUp

I’m currently mucking around with Echoboy (also own soundtoys academic, so I’ve got PrimalTap) to see if the “rythmic delay” section can do something similar to what I’m looking for. Hard to put into words the effect I’m thinking of, and I’m afraid I’ll end up either scratching the whole thing or look into VCVrack or something similar in terms of modularity.

1 BigUp

Echoboy is one of my favorites.

You might be able to build something like that in Reaktor or Max.

1 BigUp

Pondering on this for a bit, perhaps a multi-tap delay is what you need.

I don’t know why I didn’t think of it sooner but I just woke up.

I have this but haven’t used it that much tbh. But you can set all 6 taps to different delay times.

https://www.waves.com/plugins/supertap

2 Likes

I should probably pick this up. I have seen it on sale before but never grabbed it. I bet it sounds nice. I have some of the Eventide reverbs.

1 BigUp

Can you not just automate it?

Yeah I think you could get there with some really delicate automation , put a chain of delays with the desired timings and automate on/off at the right time. Would be tricky to get right though.

He’s looking for a multi tap delay tho. Much easier to work with.

A1882

1 BigUp

Have you thought about just manually copying/pasting the sample?

Nope, I haven’t, mainly because that seems very tedious, and I’d like to try to apply the overall effect to different sounds quickly. Got a hold of the Waves Supertap, and it does exactly what I’m looking for, even though the effect wasn’t all that impressive that I hoped for.

Edit:
Someone told me that BlueCatAudio’s Late Replies does exactly what I’m looking for. Individual control over each part of the delayed signal + panning and individual FX on each part of the signal as well. Wow, even more features than I’d think was necessary. You can even insert external plugins into the chain if you so want.

1 BigUp

app’s wobs = :smashedlol:

Straight wobbletronix

Can you put a touch of reverb on your kick?
Or is it a no-no.
I’ve got a little bit (18% wet) and it sounds v nice.

Kick is mono but the reverb is 35% wide

If it works it works. I’ve seen several tutorials that use a touch of reverb on their kicks just to give it a bit of precense.

2 Likes