Questions for Pinch - INTERVIEW NOW UP

Holla if you do want to put something together and I’ll make sure it gets all the right stickies and pushes :+1:

sure thing man

I love reading pinch interviews

any plans for the memories remix to come out?

I’m quite curious what you’re referring to

I’d like to know of all the artists he knows personally who has he enjoyed seeing grow musically the most and is there anyone that he wished would have been more recognized?

Soul Motive were going to release Protecting Hands by Clouds, I spoke to Tommi (I think is one of the brehs names) a bit back then and we had a similar sound and approach. They’d sent the tunes to Mala as well who swooped in and offered a release on Deep Medi. A no brainer decision for the Clouds lads really. Deep Medi put them far further out there than we ever could have.

LAST CHANCE FOR QUESTIONS. I’ll be adding some of my own as well.

1 BigUp

what was the second to last grime tune you have played at Melkweg a couple of weeks ago?

Do you see the 140 scene re-emerging with the level of originality it once had or do you feel that as a tempo it’s had its day?

do you think halfstep beats have become a cliche and halted development in the genre

definitive bristol dubstep tune

favourite spot in bristol (personally the view from kingsdown directly above stokes croft is hard to beat)

1 BigUp

Questions for “Pinch, the promoter”:
What are the ingredients to good night?
What does he expect from promoters? What steps did/does he take to ensure the artists he’s booked feel welcome and on form?

what would you call the music you’re making now? should It have a name at all?

Reiterate all the Deleted Scenes questions.

Recall him asking Skream before the night of 2001-2005 at xoyo if he was allowed to play some new bits hes been making in a similar style to the 2001-2005 stuff. Is he still making older style dubstep tunes and would he consider releasing any ‘throwback’ type stuff… or is it all about moving forward?

Hi, I have only one question, I would like to listen or buy the track who produced Pinch at "Red Bull Music Academy Presents: A ‘Cosie’ Collaboration with Pinch’’ from Bristol event. I was be there, but I do not know the track name. Thanks.

Well that whole evening was hype. Pinch was as insightful as ever, answered all but the last couple of questions (as I didn’t print em out in time). And gave me a BOATLOAD of stuff to give away on the forum. I’ll get everything transcribed and pretty as soon as I can. Thanks everyone for the decent questions.

20 Likes

What is your favourite festival and why?
What do you think of Outlook Festival?

YOU CAN READ THE INTERVIEW HERE: DSF Interview with Pinch

HOLLA IF YOU CAN’T VIEW OR REPLY, I’M STILL MESSING AROUND WITH SETTINGS.

1 BigUp

You planning on doing more of these?

Yeah, I’m just putting feelers out now. Trying for Kahn and Goth Trad right now.

EDIT: Woo. Kahn just gave the go. Him and Neek when they get back from Japan.

10 Likes

Sickkkkk