Production Thoughts

Tbh ideas like this are often better in conception than execution - however, the exception is when something is used outside the original context or in an entirely different way.

Good example was when Death Grips were dropping sped up drum corps samples in place of normal snare rolls - I’d been trying to use drum corps samples for years but it rarely clicked until heard that.

So maybe take a d-beat and pitch it down and chop it up or sth…

Drums are fair game. Chop them up.

I remember on the old production board there was a drummer that had posted a live snippet of his drumming.

I flipped it into a Jungle tune. He was pretty impressed because he had never heard anyone flip his own drumming before.

I’ll have to try and get hold of some of my own drum tracks to muck about with, would be interesting to see what I could do with it, I think my old bands vocalist should still have the tracks as he mixed both our albums

3 Likes

That broken note style is one way of doing it. Some drumcorps tracks follow a similar style.
I was thinking more of using samples of rolls and breaks from metal drumming, like how you would use a little amen tumble after a snare.

[cough]

4 Likes

early distance drums sound almost live. just that roll bit gives it away

i just bought this. RIP

12 Likes
1 BigUp

Oh shit!!

1 BigUp

p fuckin hyped man, got a super good deal on it as well.

def gonna need to pick Sean’s brain on this ting once I get the skiffs in hand though lol, way out of my depth here

I recreated the set-up on Modulargrid:
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/582221

2 Likes

You need this module:

3 Likes

…By the way, my hacking cough is gone.

(Cough)

:wink_og:

nice one dude, we really gotta get a sesh rolling soon, I’ll shoot ya a message about this weekend if im not working.

The modular arrives tomo :slight_smile:

annd I’m already buying modules

Grabbed a doepfer spring reverb module

I also have no idea where im going to fit this ting lol

1 BigUp

Tubby’s Dub Style:
http://www.research.ed.ac.uk/portal/files/15441495/Tubbys_Dub_Style.pdf

4 Likes

First patch, this is already so fun

8 Likes

oi oi oi

who was that used acid pro ?