Production Thoughts

I got something for ya…

2 Likes

just deleted everything from my soundcloud, nearly 10 years worth of stuff

what the hell man you having a meltdown? you had some really good stuff glad I got them files

Why?!

haha! no, no meltdown

i just felt this pressure for awhile now where when i upload stuff it will be judged against the other stuff on my soundcloud.

It just created this weird thing for me where I never knew what to upload and I realized im only uploading things i think people will like instead of what I like.

Decided to go for a clean slate. More of a personal thing than anything I think

Neurotic shit tbh

3 Likes

:thinking:

:alpaca:

1 BigUp

Which is why I currently have 4 sound cloud aliases for different kinds of music I want to make.
Don’t want it all getting muddled up

1 BigUp

Shit man, I’ve still got the first songs I’ve ever made on mine. They’re utter shit, but I like having them up there. I think it’s nice to see how far I’ve progressed

I have three but I put most of my stuff on my own web server anyways.

1 BigUp

Pretty common for people to hear older songs and like them better sometimes.

(Sigh)

Edit.

5 Likes

Nice work

1 BigUp

Thanks dude. Next time I’m going to run it for ten minutes and leave longer stretches where I don’t touch the filters so much so I get more to work with.

1 BigUp

I got this sick new bit of software on Steam of all places, its called Cathodemer, its a video synth/crt simulator. Soo fun so far. Recorded this shitty vid on my celly, trying to learn how it works by trying to programing some stuff over a track by The Sprawl.

Makes me want to get a projector hooked up to my computer and project this shit over my “dj booth” on the other side of the room for when I have guests on the radio show.

4 Likes

I realized all the controls for this software are midi mappable. Got my APC40mk2 running things now, soo fucking fun having hands on controls.

1 BigUp

Can you use that as part of a chain - like sending manipulated video through to manipulate further?

i think you can… im still learning the software its quite deep, you can load gifs in to use as a alpha masks though which is super fun

made this video tonight using the midi controller, most fun I’ve had in a loong time.

seriously considering investing in a projector now esp with the midi controller, really opens things up for live creativity and I think there is way to use external audio sources as a modulation source but im still trying to figure that out

I would love to try and make some sort of video accompaniment to a @knobgoblin hardware set sometime…

2 Likes

sadly now I just want to buy LZX Industries hardware more than ever.