‘Don’t Even Dream’ is the stand out for me.]

EDIT: the donk track :smiley:

1 BigUp

cheers man :blush:

Sixtythree666 embarrassing me on this tape lol

That canal water beat is so fucking good

Also big up butter man he can rly rap

2 Likes

such a vibe from start to finish! so well polished biggup @Samuel_L_Damnson and @harkat you guys created a masterpiece!

1 BigUp

His shit is mad init.
Ur shit is great too

1 BigUp

same. My brother kinda fkin hates DG tho, he loves the production of Whitearmor but he’s indifferent to Ecco / Thaiboy / Lean. He really despises Bladee and to be honest it’s understandable. Bladee’s stuff isn’t for everyone, and I always thought of them as some of the most cutting edge “avant-garde” rap while still remaining popular (in the underground). Fanbase isn’t great too… but it’s the same with almost all rap fans. In my opinion, looking at DG / SBEs stuff objectively, ignoring the fans, public image and aesthetics, it’s fun music.

A good amount of Gud beats 2013-2016 sounds like trance’d up instrumentals of Keef beats. Also if it wasn’t for his knack for sound design it would’ve been incredibly cheesy, Kyoto set the bar high back then.

^^^ this beat by Ripsquadd sounds like a Keef beat imo

They are all def influenced by keef 100% bit ripsquad make the nicest drilly beats with the nice melodies

New bonus but off the tape finished today:

Listen to 5. Cold Blooded - Feat. Gecko Bros. (prod. Itchy) by itchy on #SoundCloud

2 Likes

that some hard shit fam! tight production and @butter_man got bars! donk tune was mad fresh as well

3 Likes

Thanks bro <3

Cheers man :slight_smile:

hip-hop evolution on netflix is pretty good
i skipped to the last season tho

the one about timbo and the one about new orleans stood out

i r8 the new drake

when will man stop ripping off british culture

pretty jokes to hear him saying ops while stood in the marble kitchen of his $500m mansion but orite, it’s not bad.

Listened to this for the first time a couple of days ago. So captivatingly fresh for 2013 material. The vaporwave video aesthetics are obviously kitsch but I could care less about it. I love the spaciness and the dub-like chords of the production, it isn’t surprising that Whitearmor said he listens to Drexciya. Imagine if more vaporwave producers circa 2011-2013 listened to more dub techno :surprised:

beat on this is hard

Been making visualiser things while I’m walking the dog so gonna up everything on YouTube looking like this

1 BigUp

obsessed with the latest bladee project

1 BigUp

First officially dropped Carti in 2 yearssss, album soon it seems, for real this time