EVERY

BODY

WHO IM

BETTER THAN

:jointbounce:

@hubb

1 BigUp

dark

is part of the skill being so out of time? and does that add to people liking it? :lol_og:

legit question… it’s really hard to do lol

1 BigUp

ppl keep saying the stuff I post has off beat rappers but it doesn’t lol, this guys on beat for sure

“Glock, witha-Dick, gota-Glock, witha-Drum, gela-To, fourty-One, hitthe-Bong, breakmy-Lungs”

Data-Ta, data-Ta, data-Ta, data-Ta

It’s in some 1/8 slightly swing rhythm and then every now and then he straightens it out for effect. Old grime freestyles prolly sound off beat as fuck to Americans. It’s just being familiar with that type of flow I think.

Yeah he keeps the same rhythm within the lyrics but it goes out of time with the beat and then finds its way back in occasionally lol. it’s weird as fuck. Sort of polyrhythmic by accident(?)

I can hear it, it’s like he’s tryna finish his bars too quick, he gets to the end before the beat (clap) a lot of the time

you flow so the syllables hit around or up against the beats of the hihats
and then its more a pulse than anything

(maybe slightly goes against the idea that a bar/sentence starts when the first kick hits - but that is part of whats refreshing with the triplet flows in the first place, and the kick- bar clap - rhyme structure is worth experienting with )

Yeah that’s not what I’m talking about, just sounds like some bits of the vocal is rushed within the structure of the track, which is probably what agent was referring to

1 BigUp

Silkk the Shocker’s non-flow changed the game.

it’s totally off, like 1/8 ahead of the beat or sth
the sdlibs too

You lot are fools lmao

one sec it’s all “oh jungl garage swing m8 turn off the grid and program drums with ur soul” and the next it’s complaining that perfectly flowy rap isn’t mathematically accurate

2 Likes

still this is inbetween mike skinner and skibbadee

1 BigUp

he definitely gets ahead of the beat but it’s part of the vibe, rushing like that sometimes is kinda like reverse swing

1 BigUp

:miyagi:
the beat is only inspiration for where to put the flow

This legit might be my fav hip hop album… totally forgot about it

it’s different though m8. but hey, if you enjoy it, whatevs