RAP 2027.

these dudes from the project I clock in/out (lol) at made this vid (kind of like it tbh besides the snaps in the chorus make it sound like it’s from 2005)

Decade old Quebec blow trap, v strong

this banga has a vid now

1 BigUp

Love some of the music to the tunes in this thread. Especially the spaciey kinda stuff.

I know Dubstep is harem but jus wondering what this tune by Ago is like for you guys that listen to this stuff all the time @Harkat & @Samuel_L_Damnson

Probably the only producer i take notice of these days from the genre

Isn’t that a dubstep song I don’t wanna hear it

1 BigUp

like 0 dubstep producers ever get trap right despite how many tunes in the genre have the little trap flourishes or borrow drum sounds from it now

this tunes defo alright but not as a trap tune imo

trap drums have a more agile, less dense, shoulder rolly feel whereas dubstep drums hit with this kinda swung, heavy twack.

All the dubstep producers who started using trap sounding drums and 808s in like 2014-15 didnt get this part of the music imo, it still flows like dubstep which is perfectly fine by itself but has made for a lot of boring awkward tunes too, that feel like they are reaching for relevance in a way. Like that commodo kahn & gantz EP suffered hard from that imo

the UK drill stuff is a much more succesful synthesis of the trap/drill sound and UK rhythms, they rly cracked that code in a way these dubstep guys couldnt imo.

3 Likes

Ah ok fair enough, thought it was pretty well produced but yeah the flow is deff Dubstep

I think it is a pretty nice dubstep tune tbh but I’m. It feeling much trap vibes from it

1 BigUp

Yup that’s what i thought, just seeing how it compares with real trap

1 BigUp

some uk trippy shit thats rly fire

1 BigUp

Got another question for @Harkat & @Samuel_L_Damnson

Does this have that trap vibe:

Another good tune of that EP but less trap:

tbh they sound like “chill beats” type stuff which i guess at this point is trap influenced but more via like the weeknd/6lack type toronto rnb than like chief keef or the shit i listen to

2 Likes

Reminds me of old sadboys/gravity boys :slight_smile:

evil beat

@Hibbie

you should check some Splurge for interesting stuff on the trap side that has this “bass music” ish minimalism and edge. Kinda the inverse of dubstep stuff with trap sounds in a way. Some proper bangers.

this one, me and sam have smoked some big doinks to this

1 BigUp

What’s that? Or are you taking the piss lol

Tbh i’m not that bothered about trap that sounds like dubstep or whatever, i like the music to alot of the stuff posted here, jus not necessarily the vocals.
Infact i would love the instrumentals to the majority of the stuff posted in here

like this

2 Likes

Whoops wrong thread. Meant for the grime thread. Dunno how I ended up here.