Review this mix I made?

Just a little something I threw together in a couple of hours in audiotool to see if I liked it.

SteelGraph- Little Brother

Soooo ā€¦ why didnā€™t you bother actually using this title?
lol

Anyway, regarding the music: these arenā€™t your productions, I assume - so what Iā€™m guessing you did is you literally threw together a few 30s snippets of tunes you liked and now you want us to reflect and comment on the product. Am I on the right track here? In order for me to criticise this somewhat fairly, Iā€™d need to know what exactly you wanted this to be (sorry, this sounds a bit derogatory).

1 BigUp

Basically, yeah. I took some samples, put them together in an order that isnā€™t to bad, and added some of my own stuff in too.

Ok

And what was the purpose behind this? You wouldnā€™t be posting this and asking for feedback if you werenā€™t somehow anticipating (or at least hoping for) some sort of critique that could improve your work. As I see it now, the artistic merit of piecing together a few sections of tunes seemingly without any thought given to sequencing is close to zero (excluding any thoughts about your own productions here, but I suspect they arenā€™t at the centre of this discussion, nor should they be, even if solely for the method you chose to present them).
Donā€™t get me wrong: presenting your own productions in the form of a collage can be enticing to listeners and yield rewarding results. Take, for example, Amnesia Scannerā€™s ā€œAS Angels Rig Hookā€, which is a 15-minute epos consisting solely of their own productions, stringed together in a way that enhances the dramaturgy of each individual element. By no means do I want to forcefully pull you from this patchwork approach, but presenting 2:26 of material sourced mainly from other producers in a (letā€™s be real here) unstructured and chaotic way is in my opinion pointless.

1 BigUp

ā˜ not rekt
:ballot_box_with_check: rekt

but go easy on him. better this than an hour long mix of clangy noob blends.
op, look in to beatmatching. that is the only path to ascension.

1 BigUp

As opposed to dramaturdy.

http://pix.iemoji.com/images/emoji/apple/ios-9/33/0353.png :poop:

Itā€™s all mad

Okay well as to the chaotic and rapidly changing nature, I made that project based on a book called little brother, for school, and it required little effort, but each part of the song represents a different part of the book. But I will also take all of this advice to learn from it. Iā€™m a 14 y/o without much money to put into my rig. I made that in Audiotool because I canā€™t afford any real stuff so far, but again Iā€™ll learn from thsi. Thanks everyone!