FREE STUFF (ᴘʟᴜɢ-ɪɴs, sᴀᴍᴘʟᴇs, ᴇᴛᴄ.)

Pine Forest Drums, a plugin instrument inspired by the sound of the National Film Board of Canada.
Available as a VST/VST3 plugin instrument for Windows and VST/VST3/AU plugin instrument for macOS, Pine Forest Drums contains 38 “drum kits”. Each kit has been tailored with 70s education documentaries, the esoteric culture of the 60s and the National Film Board of Canada in mind.

Looks nice. And it’s free.

2 Likes

These sound pretty good, but they are not free, innit?

https://www.samplescience.ca/2019/02/pine-forest-drums.html

1 BigUp

1 BigUp

No you’re right, the bandcamp page is misleading - it’s the demo .wav that’s free, not the actual vst.

My bad.

1 BigUp

This MemoryMoog plugin is free for a couple of weeks.

1 BigUp

Nice

Also this limiter fwiw

1 BigUp

1 BigUp

Oh yeah, that reminds me. I have downloaded and activated the Memory-V but haven’t actually installed it yet.

heh. We could always start a comp with your samples.

:wink:

1 BigUp

It’s been ported to VST now, no fiddling with code or command line controls.

All it needs is a prettier UI, if any of you talented devs out there are up to the task… :nerd_face:

I love this synth

1 BigUp

I downloaded this months ago when they first announced that it was open source. I got it working but I know a lot of people had issues. I wonder if it is worth downloading again since it sounds like there has been a bunch of work on it.

Before it took a little doing to get fired up and running. This is ported to VST so theoretically should be much easier to get up and running.

@syrup - care to share any patches or samples here?

i just got a .dll/installer back then i’m pretty sure.

nothing impressive from me to be heard tbh.
i made all the wobs in this in surge though (don’t watch the shit mixdown)

1 BigUp

Will have to investigate. I need a synth.
Haven’t used one yet.

You don’t have a synth?

Well, I guess this would be a good place to start. It sounds decent. I didn’t really like the GUI so much. It used to be a paid synth from a respected developer but they turned it over to open source so a lot of people have been working on it since.