FREE STUFF (ᴘʟᴜɢ-ɪɴs, sᴀᴍᴘʟᴇs, ᴇᴛᴄ.)

Maybe try this one:

It sounds good and it is not overwhelming with options like the Surge. This was actually one of my first synths, the hardware version. A MKS-70 by Roland.

1 BigUp

Synth1 is a pretty good first synth - complex enough to keep you learning for a while and handle most types of sounds, basic enough that you won’t get lost or paralyzed trying to figure out which sub-sub-menu you’re stuck in.

https://splice.com/plugins/1832-synth1-vst-au-by-ichiro-toda

1 BigUp

Nope. Never used one. All sampled based.
Been thinking I should get one for making wobs really. But I already have a nice simple way of making a throbby sub that I like using. I’ll get one anyway and see what the fuss is about… thanks for the recommendations.

:flushed:

1 BigUp

Try this then, that’s as basic as it gets.

https://tal-software.com/products/tal-elek7ro

4 Likes

I could see this being useful for some.

For me it’s the fact that literally every kid making beats in a mile of me is on it and that’s just bait.

Got a bunch of stuff over the past few months that I’ve not properly sat down and checked, will post back when I do.
Here’s a decent critical video about free orchestral plugins (which I stand by tbh) but also some nice ideas about producing/arranging/acquiring them. Tbh, the dude’s complaining like he didn’t get his money’s worth, but they’re fine. Especially if you’re not trying to make lofty chamber music lol. Dude seems like he knows his shit overall though. Will post back if I ever find a shockingly good brass plugin that wasn’t discontinued for inconsistency on booting.

Mechanism 07.wav and Mechanism 08.wav = :fire:

1 BigUp

I am looking for a nice synth for leads, pads and arps. Anyone got some good ones that are low cpu but still nice?

A few of us have been dorking out on this and loving it. Pretty light on the cpu for the sound quality.

tried that before, should re download…

2 Likes

that site rules for free sample kits

:100:

2 Likes

Just downloaded this and I love it.
That is all.

3 Likes

Seems like someone is dipping their feet into the synth pool :wink:

1 BigUp

Yes I definitely am.
Should have done it sooner!

Soon you will be using serum making complex sounds heheheh :wink: :wink:

Haha better get saving!!

If you enjoy this one, also you may like Atlantis: http://jeremyevers.com/atlantis/ It has multiple “random” buttons which can quickly give you a lot of complex and unusual sounds. I’m today trying to abstain from using a lot of randomization because it doesn’t make my skills better and kinda spoils me by overloading my ears with deep timbres with zero effort.

Btw, few days ago new Massive released, and now it’s a modular synth! Actually semi-modular, and it looks a lot quicker and fun to patch than real modulars like VCV. The cravings to steal it from torrents are very high, but I just repeat to myself that I have Reaktor license and free VCV so I don’t need it at all…

1 BigUp

Yeah, was reading about the new Massive. Sounds like they cleaned up the workflow too.

Latest version of FL has a new synth that’s supposed to be dope too.

But then those aren’t technically free…

I’m still loving AudioKit Synth One tbh. Best freeware synth ever.

1 BigUp

Transistor Bass? I believe it emulates the 303 sound