šŸ„³šŸ…‚šŸ„µ Official ā€œTalking ā€˜Bout Production Contestsā€ Thread

Iā€™ve got a ā€˜talkingā€™ sample that will be included :slight_smile:

Funnyā€¦ I love the super minimal ones. Nothing like learning how to make a bass from a shitty rip of a chiptune sound.

1 BigUp

Thatā€™s because youā€™re not scared of a challenge.

You just learn more from the challenges ime. Itā€™s one thing to compete against others using what you already knowā€¦ And a whole other thing to compete against yourself to make something new.

(From the man whoā€™s had crippling creative block for at least a year)

As for myself it isnā€™t that Iā€™m scared of the challenge, but I work six days a week at three different locations. Studio time is precious. (inb4 gollum meme). Was looking forward to doing this all on the electribe sampler.

Even if it is only a vocal chop and a sinewave, Iā€™m still inā€¦but mine would likely end up a hot messā€¦

2 Likes

I think we can all assume most entries will be hot messes. But the best food in life is a hot mess (Iā€™m looking at you tacos and pizza) so hey, sā€™all bueno.

1 BigUp

im trying to make dank beats not expand my mind

2 Likes

Man I gotta finish the song Iā€™m working on so I can get in this when itā€™s done. Any idea how long left you have til itā€™s done @tabasco?

eat some dank beets and youā€™ll do both

1 BigUp

Will get it together tomorrow and post it Wednesday

1 BigUp

OK thanks for the timeline. Guess I gotta crack down and get some stuff done tonight

can we get meme samples for the drop lel xDD

Well. Im in either way. : )

Attaboy.

I think a lot of us are busy - hell, Iā€™m supposed to officiate AND do A/V for my cousinā€™s wedding in a month and have been procrastinating already, on top of all the other shit I procrastinate about. And I really havenā€™t produced so much as a tune in the last year.

And yetā€¦

this calls to me. Contests here in the past have been the best thing to happen to my production skills and I hope this kickstarts a new phase for me. Iā€™m looking forward to starting a new workflow from scratch.

EDIT: @tabasco - do you have a general ETA? (no worries if not, just trying to block out time while I still can cuz shit books up quick for di ronzlo) And is there a theme or any other details you can share?

You started a thread for archiving all past ones on the old board too, no?

Also: if anyone out there wants to do this but is concerned about time limitations then consider a collab. I did this w/ NWJ and it turned out pretty well IMO. He only had time to do a few bars but it still took the song in a whole new direction I never wouldā€™ve discovered.

https://soundcloud.com/viridis_vir/in-no-way

2 Likes

Pack will be up Wednesday. Will be relatively sparse (~15). Wasnā€™t going to do a theme for what is essentially an inaugural/reboot.

Yeah, Iā€™ll dig that out today. The new thread will have a link to the archive and a run down of the previous guidelines (collabs okay, tune length, samples only, granular synthesis ok)

2 Likes

Ok, pack is done. Will be uploading it today.

(Will tag everyone who has expressed an interest in this threadā€¦would like it to be made sticky if a mod wants to help out with that)

1 BigUp

will do no worries. maybe make a new topic for it.

1 BigUp

Cheers, mate :slight_smile:

Yeah we should do one.
I got one in mind