Soundcloud 🎢

If these spambots are accessing through your local they’ll leave footprints. However, this isn’t something you can do easily if you’re not familiar.

Soundcloud groups were supposed to go away but I still see them… ?

http://www.magneticmag.com/2016/08/soundcloud-discontinues-groups-feature-amid-user-backlash/

^ from that:

Rumor also has it that music streaming giant Spotify might be looking to acquire SoundCloud, which is reportedly going for $1 billion. However, neither company has commented definitively one way or the other as of this writing.

i dunno, soundcloud is p gay now. the whole F4F click for click spam follow thing it has become is basically twitter for bait music. Bandcamp and venues that allow people to do commerce independently are much better, and they sidestep the pointless follow/like jpeg-DJ circlejerk the internet has become.

2 Likes

well that is new

1 BigUp

Well said. I already had way too many house recommendations (news flash: I hate 4 on the floor) and now with the repost sitch… ugh.

What we need is a new thing and stuff.

That clowdy.com platform has turned into something different - it had promise before, not sure now.

Wonder if a VPN would help at all…

thats the thing though, i really wish i could walk away from soundcloud but so far i havent found any of the newcomers convincing, tried twine, hearthis.at and clowdy, they all suck even worse than soundcloud

and i’m covered on the vpn front, its just i never saw georestrictions on sc until now, guess thats the whole deal with majors to become some sort of spotify lookalike kicking in

EDIT: hey @moderators I think we can do a little housecleaning, seems to be multiple “Soundcloud biz woes” threads that can be consolidated. Definitely:

and possibly

thx!

is soundcloud fucked for anybody else recently? tracks won’t randomly load and it keeps telling me i have no internet connection…

1 BigUp

iPhone client lost my login and I forget which email I used for it lol.

Did Soundcloud remove the feature to fast forward through a track?

That sucks.

it’s been like that for me for years until recently

This appears to be a Firefox issue. I realized that I hadn’t installed any other browsers on this semi-new laptop but tried it in the Edge browser and fast forwarding works.

Anybody having issues w SC mobile dropout and then forgets where you were in track?

Fucking annoying.

2 Likes

Grim.

3 Likes

Grim indeed, but if you look at it from a business perspective, all they’re doing is liquidating to help Soundcloud survive. They are about $2.7 mil in debt if I’m not mistaken, this cut in employees should help increase revenue and keep the business afloat.

1 BigUp

The SoundCloud player still doesn’t allow me to scroll in Firefox. I don’t really use SoundCloud that much anymore. I have my own server that I prefer to host on.

Hi guys
I wrote something about SC promotion would be nice to get your thoughts on the topic as well. For all budding producers have a read mod edit: deleted spam link

Best

@Petyo_Kosho I believe that the kind of systems that get you followers either through “Follow Bots” or by buying fake followers are both much less effective than going through people’s pages yourself, commenting, giving feedback, liking tracks and following.

What you got there is a unique variation of something that I, personally, don’t find truly fulfilling and wouldn’t invest in.

1 BigUp

Soundcloud gonna Soundcloud